Forums Latest Members
  1. BLNKCHK Mar 21, 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a strap for my new Speedy, and I'm looking at Hodinkee and Bulang & Sons. It looks like B&S makes a lot of the Hodinkee straps, but I'm trying to figure out if these two are identical, or if they're different colors. Any opinions?

B&S
    Hodinkee

Many thanks!

2. zrleopold Mar 21, 2017

I own one of the B&S straps and they are quite nice! Quality seems very good. Never handled the Hodinkee straps so I can't really speak to them.

3. yinzerniner Mar 21, 2017

The actual maker is Jean Paul Menicucci of Italy. Here is the site where you can find out some more info:
    http://www.jeanpaulmenicucci.com/

The only real difference between the Hodinkee and Bulang & Sons straps is the leather stamping. The standard buckles are pretty mediocre, while the upgraded or "Elegant" buckles are much more refined and confidence-inspiring.

Since the straps are handmade you'll often find finish a color for straps vary greatly, even if they're the same model or described as the same color. As for the two you referenced they do look a bit different, with the Hodinkee model a less-saturated tone.

Can't really go wrong either way, just choose the color that best suits you. JPM is basically unparalleled for that style of strap.

4. BLNKCHK Mar 21, 2017

Ah cool, thanks! I'll check those out too.