Forums Latest Members

Strap choices to pimp my AT Bond? (Yet Another Strap Post -YASP)

1. horolorobert Dec 30, 2018

Hi.
    I love my Aquaterra Bond. I have both the metal bracelet (only used for 1 week) and the blue w/yellow stitches nylon strap that came with this watch. Now, after a couple of years of satisfactory usage, I want to make it a little more "elegant" by the means of a leather strap. The problem is that the dial is quite eye-catching -IMHO- with a blue and yellow dial. Do you think it would look, lets say kitsch, with a leather strap?.
    To make an educated decision I have made a collage of choices by (poorly) editing several straps and putting on top of the original images my watch's dial.
    What is your vote?, leather or not?, which one?, other ideas are totally welcome. Personally I am inclined to the bottom right option.
    Thanks internet ;)

Omega Straps combinations low res.png
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 30, 2018

Brown with white stitch padded for sure! I don’t feel the brown croc... blue croc with yellow stitching would be a great and a bold choice ;)

horolorobert likes this.
  3. REckroat Dec 30, 2018

As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not sure anyone here can tell you what you’re going to like best. That said, while the AT wasn’t my style, I did appreciate the subtle connection between the yellow stitching on the offered band and the accents on the dial. You mentioned you were contemplating finding a nice leather strap to create a dressier look. Does this mean you intend to wear with suits/business clothes? If so, do you have particular styles/colors that you see yourself wearing. Perhaps you might find something that catches your eye by finding a strap that has a subtle accent that matches what you might be wearing it with. In any case, you certainly couldn’t go wrong with sampling a few different styles by purchasing some lower priced models to at least let you test out whether or not you like the look. Better to scratch an itch with a $20 investment first before dropping $100 or more and wishing you’d picked something else.

4. nurseford25 Dec 31, 2018

This

5. horolorobert Dec 31, 2018

Thanks for the reply.
    I would be wearing it with a suit or blaizer but not with a tie.

6. horolorobert Dec 31, 2018

So far is "winning" ligth brown with white stitches. I think I will look for a cheap one as suggested and if it look nice then I will order online. Any good on-line shops?, Hodinkee shop?, Hirsch? (I have 1 Hirsch and I think they are a overpriced for the quality they offer)

7. REckroat Dec 31, 2018

I've not used them myself, but I just stumbled onto this site while looking at other watches. Seem to have a variety of some very nice looking straps.
    https://www.bandrbands.com/

8. horolorobert Jan 2, 2019

Thanks, I will give it a look! :)