Forums Latest Members
  1. Stas Mar 1, 2017

Hello, I have a Semaster 300 (watchco) with vintage 565 calibre from 1970 on rotation which started to behave strangely… First running 2 mins/day fast, then keeping perfect time, then losing 2 mins/day – all just in few weeks.

Before it was running strong for a few months and seller promised it was checked and no needed service yet.
    But a week ago after wearing it I saw it was running about 2 min./day fast. I checked it with Hairspring app with ok result (like +18sec) but physically it was gaining about 2 minutes.
    After few days I decided to check it again. Surprisingly it was running accurate, just 2-3sec/day so I started wearing it for a few days again.
    After some days resting in a box, I picked it again and it is losing 2 mins/day now.

What can it be? Seems like the first minute it loosing (or gaining when it was running fast) already in 1 hour. Then it runs better.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 1, 2017

Am I the only one who thinks a trip to a watchmaker might be in order?

3. Canuck Mar 1, 2017

"No needed service yet" as stated by the seller. Usually a euphemism for "It performs good enough for me". The watch is about 50 years old. Always a smart move to have such a watch checked out by a shop that has a good reputation on vintage and antique watches. Does anyone trust the seller when they are told the watch has been "professionally and thoroughly serviced"?

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 1, 2017

Not without proof.

Archer likes this.
  5. Stas Mar 4, 2017

Thanks so much! Sure I wanted to go to watchmaker right after I saw it run faster, but then when it started to show correct time I was confused. So I was thinking maybe somebody will explain this as magnetism or whatever could it be. Now I remember the day before I saw it started to run fast I was wearing it on some event standing quite close to big sound system for instance...