Forums Latest Members
  1. Exiztence Jun 7, 2018

Hope posting already ended auctions fine and I think I wasn't only one that was paying attention to the:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Ome...body-straight-lug-parts-repair-/253651505616?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I am curious though, why did it go for so much? I would swear I saw straight lug cases only go for half month or two back but maybe I am wrong, is there something special I am missing about this particular one or is it just reflection of market?

2. BatDad Jun 7, 2018

This ebay 'no longer available' change is extremely annoying!

Kmart, COYI, moorey and 1 other person like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 7, 2018

It's a pretty decent looking case. Maybe someone I'd upgrading from a polished one. Price is about what I'd expect given the market.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 7, 2018

Yeah...that one extra click is life changing for sure...;)

kov, murph, Lucasssssss and 2 others like this.
  5. BatDad Jun 7, 2018

I think ebay are rolling this feature out across their servers. Sometimes I was able to get a page that had the link on (in a blue bar) - hurrah, I can click through and that's not a big deal - but more often than not I got a page that just said 'The selected item is no longer available.' in a white banner with no link.
    It's the latter that's annoying, and I couldn't figure out any explanation as to why I got different behaviours when I refreshed. Same browser, network connection etc.

murph likes this.
  6. Edward53 Jun 7, 2018

If you only ever had to do it once, it wouldn't be a nuisance, but to have to do this every time you look at a completed listing - which some of us do quite often - is a pain in the arse.

Apart from making you waste your time on something you don't want, there is the worrying possibility that they will at some stage remove the links to old listings so that you can never look at them. What their logic is I have no idea but it seems a safe bet that the possibility of screwing more money out of their customers is somehow involved.

OMGRLX and COYI like this.
  7. BatDad Jun 7, 2018

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 7, 2018

I've never had that happen, so I can't say why you are having this issue...

Must be a charmed life if an extra click causes so much hardship.

Screwing more money out their customers...well that's one way to look at it for sure. But then again they exist to make profits (as all companies do) so they are doing what is best for them. This is how business works mate. If you don't like it, don't use them.

Threads complaining about eBay and PayPal seem to be forum staples, so I get that they won't go away, but honestly they get pretty tiring...

BatDad likes this.
  9. BatDad Jun 7, 2018

Tempted to create a new thread on this - :)
    eBay is annoying because...

Cad290 likes this.
  10. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 7, 2018

The same is happening to me. The link takes me to a rolex daydate dial.

11. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2018

Same here. First time I've seen the blue banner. The other one was frustrating as hell! Just as when eBay decided that I didn't need to see 200 listings on one page, but only 50 :mad:

BatDad likes this.
  12. BatDad Jun 7, 2018

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 7, 2018

What "link" are you referring to? The initial link in the OP takes me to a Speedmaster dial, but the link in the blue banner on that page takes me to the case...

14. bgrisso Jun 7, 2018

I'm having the same problem. As others have said one extra click, well maybe not the end of the world, but pretty effing annoying if you end up doing it all day long, I am on eBay constantly.
    But gone altogether, that's a major issue. I suppose maybe you could search completed listing but man, major pita

15. Edward53 Jun 7, 2018

A bit like that one extra click, then...

Not a realistic suggestion.

OMGRLX and wsfarrell like this.
  16. Tubber Jun 7, 2018

toddle321 likes this.
  17. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2018

It is different from user to user. Probably based on search history - I was directed to a bracelet first.

dennisthemenace likes this.
  18. BatDad Jun 7, 2018

@Tubber did you win the auction?

19. Igora Jun 7, 2018

This case is over polished, I also dont know why did it go that high!

20. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 7, 2018

The OP's link gives me something different every time I click on it. last time two minutes ago was a Seamaster Jedi.