Forums Latest Members
  1. spencer Apr 6, 2014

Accidentally bumped my Omega against a chair and it stopped running for about an hour and started again. Now it stops for a few minutes everytime I need to change the time or set the watch. It is a quartz watch. What could be wrong with it? And how much would it cost to repair?

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2014

Could be that the contacts on the battery may have moved ever so slightly, if the battery was low it may have had enough juice on the old contact points but if the contacts are slightly different it could cause problems.

Could just be a tired battery.

Could be a wheel got graunched, does the second hand stop in the same place all the time, this could mean one of the train wheels got jolted.

Could be something that was working loose for ages and the bump popped it into the works.

Could be..................well anything really.

How much to fix it?

Only the person who examines the watch will know the answers to both of your questions.

Consult your local watchmaker.

3. spencer Apr 7, 2014

I just had to change it an hour and it stopped and hasn't continued again.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 7, 2014

Time to get it looked at - I would avoid the guys in the kiosk at the mall. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing so the movement can be checked for faults using proper diagnostic equipment.

It could be as simple as the battery shifted as noted above, or it could be some dirt or debris has been knocked into a spot where it is binding up on the wheel train.

Cheers, Al

5. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2014

It could be the Watch Gods finally got around to you for not buying a mechanical. ::stirthepot::

JimInOz likes this.
  6. spencer Apr 12, 2014

Ok thank you Archer and JimlnOz

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 13, 2014

Good move not thanking dennis (ulackfocus)

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 13, 2014

Thought you were experienced with quartz Dennis :whistling:

CanberraOmega likes this.