Forums Latest Members

Stolen watch registry...lots of updates

1. subregister Jul 10, 2019

I've added a ton of pieces to the Alpha Hands stolen watch registry (under menu Buying>Stolen watch registry) from a number of different sources (including now instagram).
    I also include if I have a police report (I know many people ask), location of theft, and links to the original post (if available).
    If you would like to submit one to add (or other sources to incorporate), please just shoot me a PM.

To check it out:
    http://alphahands.com/faq/stolen-watch-registry-database/

As always...feedback welcome.

kanye_mouse, Redwes25 and neilfrancis like this.
  2. subregister Feb 14, 2020

Updated with new functionality....and unfortunately, more watches as well :(

3. subregister Aug 25, 2020

Now over 10,000 and counting

ZIELSZIEK, DaveK and BlackTalon like this.
  4. Farmer Aug 27, 2020

"now over 10,000 and counting" , where do these watches end up, someone must have them?

5. RonJ Aug 27, 2020

Probably a lot of private watch owners don't realize the watch they bought from a stranger on the internet was previously stolen.
    Most people probably don't even know the serial number of their watches.

Do the repair shops that service watches check the stolen watch registries?
    That might be the only time a lot of watches could be discovered to be stolen.

Walrus likes this.
  6. subregister Aug 27, 2020

Wish they did, but none that I know of do. *Most* major auction houses do check one of the registries available.

7. Walrus Aug 27, 2020

If you are in certain parts on the US northeast and god forbid you get robbed shoot me a pm I have several decent law enforcement connections unfortunately my best one, who is currently a captain is retiring soon heading to Arizona to enjoy his retirement but we are pretty good buddies and i showed him some of the “stolen” watch posts here last time we hung out. He got a little hung up on the poor guy who had all the watches stolen in California but he said he couldn’t do much on that one but he told me while he is not into watches he knows what the mean to people. He even offered me one of his that was inscribed when he made sergeant way back but I refused it I told him to give it to a family member or when he does move if he still wants to get rid of it let’s agree on a value. They guy insists I speed when I go through his town and told me to have them call him if I get pulled over. Anyway just want to put that out as at least I can try but I hope no one needs to contact me and we are all safe with a little watches. This particular cop was involved in capture a young couple who were knocking over jewelry stores (armed) and focusing on stealing watches and diamonds he said he got the stores back 80% of their inventory and also reunited a handful of Rolex and Patek owners that the pair had robbed from individuals in other states. I guess they had a murder amongst them, it was a big bust and helped him make captain. Ok this is getting to long to read you get my point though sorry about the ramble

sonicosa likes this.