Forums Latest Members

Stolen Speedmasters 105.012 CB 66

1. imajedi (not even a padawan) Dec 27, 2018

Hey all. My house was burglarized today and my entire watch collection was stolen. Two Omega Speedmaster 105.012 66 CB’s were part of that collection. One of them was purchased here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/pre...rofessional-105-012-66-cb-case-cal-321.58159/

Any information anyone can find about this watch or if anyone sees it for sale anywhere I would greatly appreciate the info. Also, if someone could post “stolen” to the old sales thread that would be great. i’m 100% gutted. :-(

Edit:

Here is the link to the second one that was stolen. I have the extract for this at home which I don’t think was stolen so I will post the serial number when I get it.

https://www.vesperco.com/soldwatches/omega-speedmaster-grey-ghost-105012-66

Edited Dec 27, 2018
  2. AveConscientia Dec 27, 2018

That really sucks. I can't imagine how horrible that would be, at least you have the support of our community and hopefully your insurance company

3. S.H. Dec 27, 2018

Sorry to hear that! I did post on the relevant sales thread, I'm afraid that is all I can do to help...

Best wishes, I hope you will recover what was stolen.

4. mr_yossarian Dec 27, 2018

Very sorry to hear that. Are you located in the US or Europe? The Info will probalby help to narrow it down when FS pop up somewhere.

5. boogedyboo Dec 27, 2018

So sorry to hear that mate. Hope you had home insurance to cover the value of your watch collection. Getting cash back won't be the same as getting the watches back but at least it is something.

6. imajedi (not even a padawan) Dec 27, 2018

los angeles CA USA

7. base615 Dec 27, 2018

Horrible. Hopefully you have a successful return of the watches.

8. zwjk Dec 27, 2018

I am so sorry to hear this - I will keep my eye out.

rincondeltiempo likes this.
  9. Boony Dec 27, 2018

Makes you so angry!

10. Screwbacks Dec 27, 2018

Sad news. hope you have some leads to identify the culprit.

11. 1972Steve Dec 27, 2018

Very sorry to hear. I would think if you post a message with the serial numbers on the forum someone may find it on a general Google search. Keep tabs with all local pawn stores.

12. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Dec 27, 2018

Holidays is a notorious time for thieves. 10 days ago business associate had about $50K in jewelry, guns, watches, cameras stolen while they were home asleep. Don't people believe in having a safe for expensive stuff?

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 27, 2018

Just out of curiosity @imajedi, and condolences on your loss and sense of your personal space being violated (been there) , were these watches in a secure home safe?

chronoboy64 likes this.
  14. Thegreatroberto Dec 27, 2018

Unlikely!

15. nurseford25 Dec 27, 2018

I’ll keep an eye out too. Sorry to hear this.

16. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 27, 2018

So sorry to read the news. This is terrible. Will keep an eye out.

17. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 27, 2018

I don't think Larry S was looking for opinions if the watches were in a safe.

Reddy_Kilowatt likes this.
  18. dantheman3u4i Dec 27, 2018

Damn! This is terrible. Hope these watches are recovered!

19. imajedi (not even a padawan) Dec 28, 2018

@Larry S

Yes, I had the watches in a secure home safe bolted into the slab of my house. I also had an alarm system on the house that immediately started going off right as they entered and continued to do so.

I feel like an idiot because I thought the combination of these two things would protect me. It turns out safes are a joke. These thieves can get into a safe with two crowbars in under two minutes. Go watch YouTube and you’ll see people cracking into all kinds of safes in record time. A crowbar can create incredible leverage. This is an important lesson for everyone here, if you have you stuff in a safe and think it’s protecting you, that’s a joke. My alarm was going off and the cops are called immediately (it’s a monitored alarm) and these guys were so confident they still tried for the safe and were successful. Incidentally, in my case, they ripped the entire thing out and took it with them. I’m sure got it open somewhere else.

You should also know that these alarm systems don’t provide any real safety either. I live in the city of LA and there are probably 10 cops within 5 minutes of my house at all times. It took them 90 minutes to show up. Ridiculous. Obviously, the thieves knew this because the alarm didn’t scare them off. They still took the time to go through the entire house and rip the safe out.

I urge everyone here to please get your watches insured. You must get a separate policy for it. I didn’t and now i’ve Lost ten years of investment in 30 minutes.

Here’s another one that was stolen to give you an idea of how bad this was:

https://www.luxurytimewatches.com/watch-info.php?id=1677

I mean these guys stole so many beautiful watches. I just want to cry. 17 high end watches in all.

Honestly, all the safe does is put them all in one place and make it easy for the thieves to steel them all at once. I would have been way better off if they were just all laying around the house. I feel like an idiot.

20. Chye Dec 29, 2018

Sorry about your misfortune, will keep a lookout.