Forums Latest Members

Stolen Rolex Sky-Dweller Serial number 3756G623

1. SeaMSTR Oct 7, 2021

Good evening OF.

A good friend of mine was a victim of a knife point robbery this week, in Chelsea, London. He was followed on foot from the Fulham Road, into some side streets, when a grey Range Rover Sport pulled up and two large blokes in masks got out, one holding a large ‘zombie’ knife to him, and the other demanding his watch.

He thinks he was ‘clocked’ whilst outside the Bayley and Sage pub. According to the Police, there is a team working this area at the moment, with spotters on foot, and others driving either a grey or black Range Rover Sport and Evoque.

For anyone in the area, please be mindful, if you’ve got a nice watch on! Also please keep your eyes peeled for the watch. (Unlikely, but you never know)

The watch in question:

Rolex Sky-Dweller
    Model 326139
    Serial number 3756G623

0A8CDBFA-F815-4EC4-9199-470A6EEF41C7.jpeg
    50C653CE-7448-446B-9807-11EF2D72C28C.jpeg

2. NGO1 Oct 7, 2021

Geesus, I'm sorry to hear.
    I'm in the market for a SkyD. This is exactly my desired spec.
    Your friend has good taste.
    I'll keep an eye out for it.

3. SeaMSTR Oct 7, 2021

Thanks very much!
    Yes, he’s quite upset/annoyed about it, as you can imagine. It was a lovely watch. That photo was actually taken by me when I borrowed it!

He’s registered it on the Watch Register. Please feel free to share amongst any contacts you may have.

4. tad Oct 7, 2021

5. tad Oct 7, 2021

Might be worth posting on Instagram to get folks to keep an eye out for it.

6. tad Oct 7, 2021

7. Evitzee Oct 7, 2021

It's getting to the point in some cities that you aren't safe wearing a nice watch, or drive a nice car, without worrying about getting mugged for it. In many places now the police don't even want to be bothered with theft crimes, there are just too many of them and the perps, if caught, are back on the street in a couple of hours, and the prosecutors refuse to prosecute. Rinse, repeat.

8. JwRosenthal Oct 7, 2021

My sister has been a prosecutor for the city of Los Angeles for the last 20 years- trust me, it’s not the prosecutors. She is near calling it quits as she can’t do her job anymore- which is to lock up criminals. The mandates for leniency on crime come from far above the prosecutors offices.

rand8086, Robert M and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  9. Evitzee Oct 7, 2021

My statement that the prosecutors refuse to do their job was too broad, they are hard working people. The elected LA County prosecutor, George Gascon, sets the tone and direction for the prosecutors in LA county. His positions on crime (restorative justice, end of cash bail, no charging of juveniles as adults for any crime) are well known, which are pretty much the same the positions as Governor Gavin Newsom, the top elected official in CA. That's what is blocking your sister from doing her job. No need to make this any sort of political discussion, but when criminals aren't taken off the streets for more than a few hours and with no real consequences for their activity, crime flourishes.

rand8086 and JwRosenthal like this.
  10. JwRosenthal Oct 7, 2021

Totally agreed- appreciate the clarification- it mirrors what she says.

11. Walrus Oct 7, 2021

I dealt with a pretty serious assault last week or the week before. It’s a little hazy. I wasn’t involved physically a actually broke it up. One dude received a good 10-15 punches to the face as the assailant was on top of him. Then for good measure a stomp as he was pulled off him. Couldn’t even get the cops to take him. They wrote a summons to appear.

I was in court on unrelated cases quite a bit in September and I did hear a group of cops standing together talking about how they are not pleased following the orders they are currently receiving. Just domestic assaults they feel they have to go too heavy on as in the area I work someone who was released on a DV got out in a day or two went back and killed his victim so now they are putting some heavy bonds on simple domestics which they think is a little extreme. TBH it’s sounds like everything is a mess at the moment and if you are given a call to be at court at 9a often they don’t open the doors until 11a then as soon as you get in the court room the judge calls a 20 minute recess because they can’t find the prosecutor, stenographer or the files haven’t made it down yet. They are really trying to figure out the backlog it has to be pretty bad I won’t critique then too badly as fortunately I’m not at court cause my name is on the docket, court is a lot better when you are there for reasons other than defending yourself.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  12. rand8086 Nov 1, 2021

Earlier this years there were 7 armed robberies involving stolen Rolex watches in the Wilshire area of Los Angeles that I frequent within just a two week period.

I was talking to an employee at a pre-owned watch shop and the sentiment he relayed was that, sadly, if you are wearing a Rolex in public in that area, you are being targeted and are not safe.

Walrus likes this.