Forums Latest Members

Stolen - Omega Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday (2017) (No.65/2012)

1. ANW1990 Dec 28, 2018

Hi all,

Unfortunately I had my Omega Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday (2017) stolen from me in London on 21st December. The assault happened on Margaret Street, just north of Oxford Street, at approximately 11.00pm - please all be careful when wearing your watch!

The watch is number 65 of 2012. If anyone comes across this watch being sold then please do let me know. I have a crime reference number and original documents as proof of ownership.

All the best,

N

Jimbo555 and superfly like this.
  2. Screwbacks Dec 28, 2018

oh no. sad to hear that. good thing, you are safe. yeah, be careful this days displaying watches.

Omarrye and superfly like this.
  3. neilfrancis Dec 28, 2018

Bastards. Sorry to hear. Good call posting here. Worth posting on the speedytuesday facebook page too?

superfly likes this.
  4. Muddlerminnow Dec 28, 2018

That's the most important thing--being safe. Doesn't matter where you are--stuff happens everywhere.

Beside that, I'm sorry for the loss--. It also makes me wonder: do insurance policies cover theft while a watch is on your wrist--not just in your home?

superfly and Screwbacks like this.
  5. queriver Dec 28, 2018

Sorry to hear about your assault and loss but the main thing is you're here to tell us, and hope OF can help.

Our contents policy requires additional cover for "portable valuables" which are items that are covered when taken out of the house such as laptops, jewellery and watches. You specify the amount of cover you want and pay the premium (with our insurer at a much higher rate than contents permanently in the house)

6. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Dec 28, 2018

About a month ago I decided to get a separate specific insurance policy (i.e. separate from my homeowners policy) that covers my DSOTM and Blancpain against all losses - theft from any location (including on my wrist), fire, accidental breakage...and so on. Both watches were bought new in 2018. In the event of complete loss, the policy provides coverage for the full price I paid for each watch.

89-0, superfly and Muddlerminnow like this.
  7. Woops Dec 28, 2018

Firstly, may I just say that I am truly sorry to hear that you were mugged. I imagine at this moment condolences from strangers on the internet probably feel a little empty. My cousin was attacked randomly on the street in London one year ago, he received a single unprovoked punch in the face and sadly lost his left eye that night. He was 29 at the time. Perhaps it's comforting to hear that this stranger typing here and his family almost (ALMOST) see you as a little lucky. Look after yourself and don't neglect your mental recovery.

Secondly, never underestimate the OF hive mind! Everything crossed for you here that you and your watch enjoy a second act at some point in the future. Take care.

imageWIS, chronos, Maganator and 4 others like this.
  8. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Dec 28, 2018

Good grief, that's a truly awful story. You hear about these random punch attacks occasionally and it makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with some people!? Truly terrifying. My condolences to the OP and to you and your family.

superfly, ANW1990 and Woops like this.
  9. dantheman3u4i Dec 28, 2018

Terrible to hear! A lot of the theft coming up on the forum it seems like...

superfly likes this.
  10. Woops Dec 28, 2018

Thank you. The kid is a trooper and easily the bravest person I know. For his 30th birthday recently he channelled 'Halloween Jack' era Bowie and owned it.

11. Muddlerminnow Dec 28, 2018

Thanks, this is good to know--especially for covering a pair of 'travel' watches that accompany me on trips.

superfly likes this.
  12. imajedi (not even a padawan) Dec 28, 2018

So sorry buddy. I just had my entire collection stolen including two 1966 speedmasters. Sucks

imageWIS, ANW1990 and superfly like this.
  13. zwjk Dec 29, 2018

Sorry to hear. I can't believe this stuff happens in London :/

superfly likes this.
  14. Njnjcfp88 Dec 29, 2018

Unfortunately, happens pretty much everywhere. Not just in large cities. I’m getting a policy for my fledgling collection ASAP. So sorry for you folks that have been victimized. Particularly the random acts of violence...so sorry Woops .
    I have my head on a swivel when I go to NYC. Maybe it’s the Marine in me - but I try to be on constant alert. So sad we have to live like this

superfly likes this.
  15. i20rider Dec 29, 2018

And this is why I carry. Glad you are ok

16. nonono Dec 29, 2018

So many thefts happening recently! Sorry to hear about your experience. Will keep an eye out for #65

superfly and ANW1990 like this.
  17. Njnjcfp88 Dec 29, 2018

In NYC it’s nearly impossible to obtain a concealed carry permit. Great that you can though.

Thrasher36, Texans93 and superfly like this.
  18. i20rider Dec 29, 2018

I know alot of places now days don't alow you to protect yourself

Thrasher36 and superfly like this.
  19. FinWatch Dec 29, 2018

So sorry to hear.
    All the best, may the next year 2019 be a lot better for you!

superfly and ANW1990 like this.
  20. VintageWatchIta Jan 1, 2019

Sad to hear it, but I hope that being numbered (on a limited edition) there is some hope to find it back somehow.

ANW1990 and superfly like this.