Forums Latest Members

Steps To Follow When You Make A Sale, But Watch Breaks Day Of Packaging/shipping.

1. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 22, 2013

Hey Guys,

I sold a watch and was packaging the watch and decided I would set the time before shipping.

As I was setting the time, the winding stem broke. I ended up calling the buyer, sent a pic of broken winding stem and refunded paypal.

Anything else I should do? He confirmed he got refunded.

Bummed this happened, but better to me than the day he received the watch.

So I guess I will send the watch off to the watchmaker (any ideas on estimated cost for repair). I suspect this is a typical problem with vintage watches?

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 22, 2013

It depends where it broke, if it broke right at the crown, it's easy to replace, if it broke somewhere deep inside, they have to remove the dial and the keyless....

3. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2013

Shit happens. Broke the stem of one of Kyle's watches when he sent it to me to check out. Luckily both of us know that these things are part of the vintage game. Steve fixed it, and back to Kyle it went.

4. hondaman Apr 23, 2013

You are right ..shit happens. I was looking forward to receiving the watch but if it had to be damaged at least it happened before it was mailed to me. Bernard [ taddyangle ] called and emailed me to let me know and issued prompt refund. No complaints from me.