Forums Latest Members

Stephen Urquhart To Step Down As CEO

1. ReturnOfUltraman Apr 6, 2016

Big news today out of Switzerland. Raynald Aeschlimann will be at the helm now. Congrats to MR. Urquhart for a successful and long career!!

2. meganfox17 Apr 6, 2016

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Riding Into the Sunset[​IMG]
    Stomping Off into the Sunset[​IMG]

Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  3. meganfox17 Apr 6, 2016

[​IMG][​IMG]
    What , Me Worry ?
    [​IMG]

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 6, 2016

I was tempted to say something snarky by tying Mr. Urquhart's announced departure to the Globemaster Annual Calendar, but will refrain because 1) I haven't seen this particular Globemaster in person so I should reserve judgement until I do, and 2) many, many good things have happened at Omega, and have come from Omega during Urquhart's tenure as brand President. Ultimately, he's the man responsible for these good things. Well done, Sir, and godspeed!

meganfox17 and OMGRLX like this.
  5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2016

Hi

I met Mr. Urquhart once at the NYC OB , during a Buzz Aldrin event.

I was in the workshop at the OB talking with the watchmakers there and brought about 10 vintage Omegas including my 600 meter and my 18k gold Seamaster date chronmeter , they were just all payed out on a bench like you would see at a GTG. Well Mr Urquhart walked by and stopped and was just staring at them. He then asked who owns these watches ? I answered him and we started to chat about Omegas old catalog of watch models.

He went ahead and picked up the 18k Seamaster date chronometer and said that it was the inspiration of the then new AquaTera line.... I then brought to his attention how much people love the 60s Seamaster 300 and how people are buying kits online and building one, I suggested why not reintroduce them with cal 2500 as an entry level watch...
    Here is a pic of a steel Seamaster date chronometer.
    image.jpeg

Oh well...

Oh and for the people who say you need a pic or it did not happen...
    image.jpeg

And just an extra photo from that same day!

image.jpeg

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

jimmyjay, VanDamme, Hijak and 3 others like this.