Forums Latest Members
  1. bags1971 May 3, 2018

Hi all

What value do you think this is worth

20180503_125551[1].jpg 20180503_125607[1].jpg
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 3, 2018

About $20?

3. BenBagbag May 3, 2018

Hi senior member here on the forums. Mind telling us a little more about the dial? What do you know about it already?

4. 77deluxe May 3, 2018

$22.06?

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 3, 2018

Well not a huge amount from the photos but here is what I think - all subject to change, were I to hold it in hand:

The dial does not show evidence of repainting - does not mean it is not, but I cannot see it. I am referring to the black body.
    I think I can see concentric circle in the subdials, not a definitive point, but if they are NOT there then its bad sign.

The printing appears crisp and as original, Especially the minute track and the T SWISS MADE T. On a redials this is where we see wobbles.
    The back of the dial is white, where I would like to see a copper colour, but believe it or not I dont have enough experience to pronounce based on the back view alone.
    The back of the dial is printed or stamped singer - so it is not a non original plate.

The lume is probably added, Which means it may be possible to strip it and put it back properly. It would always be a re lume.

Dial has a step. So for a risk taker its worth a punt to buy, see if the lume can be stripped and re laid.

That said, my friend @oddboy hit the value on the nail.

I reiterate, all my observations are based on cursory examination of the photos. For a $20 dial thats all I need to do until it lands on my desk.

roadsternet likes this.
  6. Seaborg May 3, 2018

I don't know why but I do not like the Omega logo... It looks really "thick" but it's maybe the quality of the picture...

chipsotoole likes this.
  7. bags1971 May 3, 2018

Sorry guys not made the post clear enough it’s a original step dial do you remember the one I fell with and damaged well it was just too far gone to use a lot of the writing had been damaged

So I ended up getting it redone but while it was away I managed to find a nice step dial so it’s spare

Just wondered if it was worth something

8. BenBagbag May 3, 2018

Well... Don't see why anything would change... You had the print redone. It is a redial. Consensus seems to be that you just nuked the value...

Editing to add: Here is the dial pre-redial, correct?

before speedy dial.jpg

9. bags1971 May 3, 2018

I’ll just put it away then I was going to use it while I found a nice untouched dial and Sod’s law one came up

10. bags1971 May 3, 2018

no it was worse that that in the end

the dial had alot of dirt and debris on it from the fall I used a very fine paint brush to brush it off and a few more pieces came off

I then sent it off to see if anything could be done and and add the T SWISS MADE T and while in transit some more loose pieces came off all from the left hand side part of the O and part of the logo part of the S and some of the professional

11. ICONO May 3, 2018

Are you referring to @bags1971 …or yourself, there ?

sdre likes this.