Forums Latest Members
  1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 3, 2014

Wondering if any of the gang have any experience of the above?
    One of my daughters has a birthday coming up soon, yes some may remember that's the one who wears my Bulova Snorkell 24/7 , and I know she would love a Steinhart as a pressie.
    Tbh I love the look of the Steinhart so if it comes to pass I may just get a wee shot.

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 3, 2014

Look at it positively. If you buy her the Steinhart, your Bulova gets to go back into your watch box.

I think it is a good choice on her part. That ETA 2824-2 movement is a good solid work-horse and the Steinharts are sensibly priced.

Lastly, remember her part in your birthday Eterna. I say buy it for her - you'll make her a very happy young lady.

Alpha likes this.
  3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 3, 2014

"Look at it positively. If you buy her the Steinhart, your Bulova gets to go back into your watch box " ;)

Obviously i'm not a sleekit as I thought I was :D

4. Georgieboy58 May 3, 2014

Just bought an Ocean 1 Vintage Red a few weeks ago to give to my nephew next weekend.
    These are nice, well made watches for an affordable price.

Alpha likes this.
  5. Skv May 3, 2014

I have bought an OVM a couple of weeks ago. Really good value for money. I can recommend to order a leather strap from steinhart for the watch. Makes it look even better than with the original bracelet. I also ordered some nato straps. An admiralty grey from Phoenix, and a gold colored strap from Maratac. You also might want to consider these to go with the OVM. Good luck with deciding

6. Mothra May 3, 2014

I posted a year ago asking about Steinhart and was put off by the (in hindsight mostly neutral/positive) feedback I received. I've let it ferment in the back of my mind and ordered an ocean one yesterday. Its a design I like, with a decent movement. I have no intention of trying to pass it off as the real thing and if I don't like it i'll move it straight on. This way, I can wear this design and have another six or seven vintage omegas over if I bought the original...

Alpha likes this.