Forums Latest Members

Steel subseconds early bumper from the 40s - good purchase or redial?

1. Rudi99 Sep 2, 2020

Hello once again guys. Thanks again for the space and for the earlier feedbacks on the previous pieces.

I searched throughout the forum for this reference and found plenty of material on the watch and also plenty of fotos. There is at least one member with almost the exact same reference, which has a very slightly different dial, but almost identical.

It is a steel sub second dial from the 40s. Ref. 2374-1

It seems to be in very very good condition to my eyes, talking about both the case and the dial. I am not sure about the crown but it looks identical to at least one of the watches in this thread.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...mps-in-automatic-watches.113217/#post-1567036

The movement also looks identical to the ones up there, being the 30.10 RA. Please correct me if the movement is not this one, as no number is written on the movement itself.

Being the case, that this watch is not a redial (it does not seem one to me but I am not sure.. O and A from Omega are looking odd to me for some reason), and the asked price is below the 500€ mark, would that be a good purchase or investment?

Thanks again in advance for the help!

Unbenannt10.jpg Unbenannt10 (1).jpg Unbenannt10 (2).jpg Unbenannt10 (3).jpg Unbenannt10 (4).jpg

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 2, 2020

Looks good to me, the retaining ring is still there?

3. Rudi99 Sep 2, 2020

Do you mean inside the acrylic crystal? Or the rubber ring between the back and the movement?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 2, 2020

No. I think he means the locking ring on the outside that holds the case back in place.

[​IMG]

https://omegaforums.net/threads/cry...-interestingly-size-varies-from-2374-1.43694/

[​IMG]

Looks like it is there in this picture.

This is a nice and fairly priced watch, but not for investment. Buy what you like and sell when you like. If you make money, great.

If you have no expectations, then you will never be disappointed.
    gatorcpa

Syrte, hoipolloi and Rudi99 like this.
  5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 2, 2020

And in case you don't want it, please pass that chance to me.
    Thanks.

airansun likes this.
  6. airansun In the shuffling madness Sep 2, 2020

I like that a lot! ::love::

Rudi99 likes this.
  7. hockey Sep 2, 2020

That's a nice one. I had one like it with a really cool dial.

1944 Auto.jpg

watchyouwant, Syrte and Rudi99 like this.
  8. KingCrouchy Sep 2, 2020

If you don't take it my Ref.2374 wouldn't mind brothers.:whistling:

Rudi99 and hoipolloi like this.
  9. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 2, 2020

I want it too! Watches like this look much better on a lady’s wrist :whistling:

sxl2004 and Rudi99 like this.
  10. Rudi99 Sep 3, 2020

Guys, thank you very much for the expertise and for the comments.

Regarding the tension ring, the seller, who is also a collector and not a dealer, told specifically that he also bought the watch because it was 100% the way it came from the factory.

I just wanted to let people who commented know, that I actually indeed purchased the watch. I will admit, it is not my dream piece and I am not personally super attracted to that sort of "military" look of some 40s Omegas, but I was exchanging messages with someone else here from this forum and came to the conclusion, that it might be a good thing to buy not to resell, but to trade with somebody also from the forum, who does search and is into that kind of piece, and will have joy in having/wearing the piece.

My inicial plan was actually to purchase a 50s Seamaster, but after months of search, I still could not find one that I really liked for a fair price. So the plan is now to make a trade with a fellow OF member, who was interested in this particular watch.

I believe this would be a fair thing to do, since it will be benefiting someone from this community. I have to say, that even if the website was made known, one would require brazilian documents and social numbers just to open an account in this particular sales portal. Also, the watch could have not been shipped outside the country. Even if someone had a relative or someone they could trust within our borders, it would take a lot of work. By doing this myself, getting it sent to Europe and just wanting another watch in a fair deal in return, I believe I am not hurting or taking advantage.

Should the trade indeed take place in some weeks, I will also post it here. :)

Have a great day, everyone.

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 3, 2020

Look, I bought many watches from Brazil over the years . Easy to do. Good Omegas in different configurations. I know 2 Brazilian dealers well and there is no problem buying in Brazil. There are a few Mercados over there. Kind regards. Achim