Forums Latest Members

FOUND Steel Replacement Bezel to fit Omega 14900-61

1. Sharp Nov 14, 2022

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an Omega Constellation 14900-61 bezel for a watch that is missing one.

The case back is stamped SGR but I assume the bezel for a 14900-62 will do the trick even if signed CB. I was told a 167.005 bezel might also fit but I am not 100% certain if the later CB signed cases are identical in proportion to the SGR -61s.

Any possible options are of interest.

Any leads on eBay etc welcome!

Any cosmetic condition considered.

Cheers

2. MtV Nov 14, 2022

From experience: The bezels, no matter if SS or solid gold, are about the only part on them that is basically impossible to find. I'd recommend you have one made - maybe drop @No Mercy a PM.

Peemacgee and Sharp like this.
  3. Sharp Nov 17, 2022

Thanks for the tip - in that case I am hoping the OF community can overcome the impossible :D

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Nov 17, 2022

There are small variations in cases between manufacturers.
    I would suggest, for safety, you stick to SGR bezels ( if you can find one) but it shouldn’t matter if it is a 14900 or 14902.
    I don’t recall anyone doing a study on the various iterations of specific case references by the same manufacturer.

5. MtV Nov 17, 2022

I haven’t done a full-on study, but I have tried cross-fitting bezels from different cases and not only were there small variations between manufacturers, but even cases from the same company that were a year apart showed deviations that were significant enough for the bezel to not fit quite perfectly.

I‘m not saying it can’t be done, but given how difficult they’re to find (I’ll stick with my nigh on impossible) it’s an incredible game of patience.

Sharp, Scarecrow Boat and Peemacgee like this.
  6. Sharp Feb 14, 2023

Marked FOUND but I wanted to clarify I had to shell out for a whole donor case in the end, no loose bezels to be found and I lack patience = MtV was right :D

Thanks again for the advice here.

IMG_2877.jpg
    Davidt, Faz, iamvr and 2 others like this.