Stauffer Watch Co. Square Gold-Filled Wristwatch Movement Identification

Hello all,

I have this small square / rectangular Stauffer watch with a lovely gold-filled case that reminds me a little of a Patek 2476 (not only due to its shape, but also the funky "bombe" crystal).

Presumably it's from the 40s or 50s. Today I finally opened it up to see what's inside, and this is what came out:

As far as I can see, it says: Stauffer Watch Co, 17 Jewels, Unadjusted, Swiss, TXF.

I found out TXF was the US import code for Stauffer: http://www.ranfft.de/uhr/info-uscode-e.html

Now I would like to find out more about this specific movement, but I haven't been able to find anything online. I found this website: https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/stauffer.php but it only details the earlier years of Stauffer, when they were slightly more significant.

Could this be a movement produced by Stauffer themselves (Atlas factory)? Or does anyone with sharp eyes and better knowledge recognize another maker in it?

I realize it's a long shot without any further information. As far as I could tell, there is no reference number anywhere on movement or case. I was also not able to take any better photos of the movement with my phone.

The reason I would like to know about the movement is that I like to have spare movements (or parts) around for all my vintage watches I plan on keeping for a long time (and wearing for a long time!).

Thanks for reading, here are some more photos of the watch:

Edited:

I’m going to guess this a generic off the shelf Swiss movement produced by a company you may have never heard of. In the image, the arrow is pointing at a location on the pillar plate where there is often a maker’s trade mark and calibre number. If there are no marks there, we’ll likely have to see the mechanism behind the dial. If you are unable to remove the dial and hands, a watchmaker should be able to. The watchmaker should then be able to tell you what you want to know. Otherwise, get back to us with a picture of the movement behind the dial.

Thanks a lot!

I'm not going to attempt to separate dial and hands from movement, it's quite a feat I managed to open the case without damaging anything 😀

There seems to be no stamp there; will have to wait till this lockdown is over at some point and then go to a watchmaker to find out more, then.

I’m going to guess this a generic off the shelf Swiss movement produced by a company you may have never heard of. In the image, the arrow is pointing at a location on the pillar plate where there is often a maker’s trade mark and calibre number. If there are no marks there, we’ll likely have to see the mechanism behind the dial. If you are unable to remove the dial and hands, a watchmaker should be able to. The watchmaker should then be able to tell you what you want to know. Otherwise, get back to us with a picture of the movement behind the dial.