Forums Latest Members

Started from the bottom, now.....

1. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

I've already made an introduction thread, a few other posts and a couple threads with questions. After everything's said and done now we're here.

I've always been into watches, cars and firearms. Like some cars, watches can be a work of art. I've always been drawn towards Omega's and Breitlings it seems like. My appreciation for Omega started the first time I saw them in a Bond movie. I've been a James Bond fan since I can remember, and I've seen them all! On that I think Daniel Craig has been a great Bond, and I hate to say it, maybe the best.

Breitling only started back in 2008 with my time in Afghanistan where I first really got to hold one. The one I held was of course fake, as they all are. I always wanted to have a Breitling before that due to its aviation history, but never really got to see or handle one in person to know much more. Of course I bought a handful of fake Omegas and Breitling pieces while I was there, but never wore them. I just thought they were so cool. I do still have them but now they sit in a box in the basement in storage.

I first started collecting firearms back in 2014 now that I had a decent job and was able to afford to get into them. So for the last couple years I've been stockpiling ammo and firearms. I mostly collect Heckler and Koch, what can I tell ya Germans make great firearms that last and are now rare. That's where my collection has been, usually rare out of production firearms from HK.

Fast forward to today where I've begun to think about going back to school. With that said I decided it was time to cushion my account in case I needed funds now while attending. So how did I cushion it? I sold a majority of my collection and was able to sell what I needed too quite fast. I'm not out of the game, just taking a break as I see the future of HK growing, and those same rare guns I sold coming back. HK wil be building a new factory in he US and just recently released a gun that hasn't been made in 20+ years. Give it a year and I'll be back at where I was.

Now that everything's sold, what do I do with this excess $$$ that I wasn't planning on having?? That's right, finally get into collecting those watches I've always wanted. Don't you wish you could do it all? Of course I'd love a F430, every firearm I've ever wanted and every watch in every variation I could dream of. But that's not possible so I have to pick what I go after and like most I need to be smart about it.

That brings us to just recently where I bought my first piece, the Seamaster 300 with blue dial/Bezel. That's right the Bond watch, maybe he's wearing one as we speak? Now I didn't make the greatest decision with my first purchase as I just happened to be browsing EBay and thought i found the perfect example for a decent price. Now I'm not disappointed with my first Omega, I think it'll be a piece I keep for years to come, but I should have asked OF before hand!

The next few purchases came quick and the rest is history. Below is what I currently have and hope to grow. I could use a little more variety, luckily Omega has many pieces to pick from.

Obligatory pictures below:
    IMG_3027.JPG IMG_3070.JPG IMG_3071.JPG IMG_3072.JPG IMG_3073.JPG IMG_3075.JPG IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3093.JPG IMG_3098.JPG IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3117.JPG

Now I think since I finally got my grail panda, it's time to sell its filler piece. I'll prolly be selling the white dialed speedy with silver sub dials. I only got it because of a silly offer I threw down and to fill a void until I got my piece I really wanted. Funds would probably go towards an orange Bezel PO! :)

2. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Mar 16, 2017

1) thank you for your service! (Afghanistan..)
    2) take the fakes from your bsmt and smash them into teeny tiny bits
    3) enjoy your omegas et al!

3. sxl2004 Mar 16, 2017

Very nice collection! And you seem to have a plan where you are going!!!

:):D

Rodmar likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Mar 16, 2017

Big advantage of collecting watches rather than firearms - it's very difficult for someone to accidentally injure themselves or a family member with a watch ;)

5. alam Mar 16, 2017

your Breitling quartz needs to be checked, it seems the date is not changing as it should.. :coffee:

6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 16, 2017

I cut myself every time I wear my -69** cause the lugs are so sharp.

Nice write up @Rodmar and nice collection.

IMG_20170312_135325.jpg

7. tyrantlizardrex Mar 16, 2017

Ned Ryerson?

Taddyangle likes this.
  8. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

Ahhh I can understand where your coming from and I knew you were anti gun. I get it man.

Problem is you don't really know me or how I do things so I'll elaborate.

My firearms are all stored in an "expensive" safe away from everyone else in a locked room. My ammo is stored separately and none of my firearms or magazines are loaded.

I have thousands of dollars in training from the US government on ow to handle, store and fire said firearms. They tend to do that in the Marines. I've handled cannons, C4, rocket launchers, claymores, grenades of all types, rifles and machine guns.

Now onto my current career: State police
    I again have been trained extensively in the handling and firing of said firearms and it is continuous.

With all of that said I'd imagine you're thinking, man he may be well trained in the thing I'm against. I understand the reasoning behind it as I've seen first hand there damage abroad and here in the US. But from that experience and the continuing training, I understand the importance of locking up said firearms. My father in law had mentioned your same concerns but he must forget my training :)

I'm mostly a collector with the occasional range session to hone in on said skills mentioned above. I find it fun and millions here in the US do. I can't speak for those few irresponsible gun owners, as I meet them all the time here.

9. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

That's an old picture now haha, maybe I'll take updated ones!

10. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

I wouldn't call it a plan but maybe it is? I shoulda planned to get these long ago!

11. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

Theyre pretty much all non working we'll say now :)

Jwit and OMGRLX like this.
  12. tyrantlizardrex Mar 16, 2017

Hence the ;)

Collect what you like man, I'm teasing.

Rodmar likes this.
  13. sxl2004 Mar 16, 2017

That is where over polishing comes on and saves the day :whistling:;):cool:

Rodmar likes this.
  14. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

I know, I saw the winky face, I just wanted people to understand in case they actually had concerns :)

Jwit likes this.
  15. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

Lol well what can you really do about it :)

I'd say my last piece is going to be the moon watch. You may need to post more photos of your speedy.

Taddyangle likes this.
  16. tyrantlizardrex Mar 16, 2017

Just don't shoot yourself in the foot with a spring bar now.

17. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

Almost done yesterday as a matter of fact but more like my face and not the foot.

Jwit and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  18. M.C.B1974 Mar 16, 2017

Congrats on a great collection, I love the Blue Navitimer!!

Rodmar likes this.
  19. Rodmar Mar 16, 2017

The blue Navimeter was an impulse buy with the price, it was too hard to pass up. The blue really pops in the right lighting and I wish I had better photo taking skills to showcase it.

Here's a cool pic to see it better(not my watch):
    IMG_3125.JPG

OMGRLX, Jwit and M.C.B1974 like this.
  20. M.C.B1974 Mar 16, 2017

Yes, I love how the blue changes depending on how the light hits it, from a lighter blue to almost a dark navy blue. I think the navitimer is my favorite watch by Breitling, great piece to have in any collection.
    Some people on here take amazing photos of their watches, I'm not one of them.......I take terrible watch photos. Cheers!!

Rodmar likes this.