Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco Dec 17, 2014

Found this interesting piecePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network, but
    i am very uncertain what i got here.
    The dial is definately from the 90ties when we look at the "S" and "r" of Speedmaster.
    and i dont think that it is reprinted either.
    But from which watch did it come, because i haven´t seen long lume indices on a 90ties dial
    the only one i can think of is the Broad Arrow "Replica" but it doesn´t have
    Professional written on the dial.
    The case is something very special and rare they didn´t make many of these cases and the only other
    Speedy with a Star watch case company case i found is the one that should have been auctioned some days ago
    (Furrer´s Speedy) but this also had NASA inventory numbers on the back.
    I also find it very interesting that the case of the watch is fully brushed and it looks really professional as the
    edges are really sharp.
    It even looks like as the pushers are brushed too.
    The movement is a 321 which also does not fit, but in the end there are some rare pieces available.
    I am still in contact with seller to sort out some kind of deal, but i hardly know what i should pay for it.

Edited Dec 17, 2014
  2. cristos71 Dec 17, 2014

Gone now, did you land it?

3. sulaco Dec 17, 2014

No, but i am still in contact with the seller, hoping that we can work something out

cristos71 likes this.
  4. rolexfantastic Dec 17, 2014

5. Georgieboy58 Dec 17, 2014

Christos71's remark was about the fact that the seller has cancelled the offer.

6. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 17, 2014

I believe Star made quite a few cases. Obviously 'the one' to look for is the Speedmaster professional variation, but then unless it can be married up with a Speedmaster professional Radial dial as a NASA homage then surely the value is limited? Although the Speedy Pro market is crazy so who know?

Edited Jan 16, 2015
  7. sulaco Dec 18, 2014

mhhh... i thought as it is a pretty rare bird it should be of interest somehow... or at least be collectable. :thumbsdown:
    As i said i have only seen one other case like this before and if you somehow manage to find a radial
    dial i wouldn´t call it a hommage any more.

Edited Dec 18, 2014
  8. TNTwatch Dec 18, 2014

If there's no accompanying paper then an extract may be able to shed more info on this watch. Or someone like Mr. @speedy4ever who may have some knowledge on it?

9. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 18, 2014

No doubt the star cases compared to the standard swiss made ones are rare but in terms of added value I really can see it unless it is paired up with a non swiss made radial dial and a suitable movement. Sulaco, I know where you are coming from, all I was getting at is that in itself I am not sure a Star cased watch would be anymore valuable than any other speedy but I will leave that to the Speedy experts

10. TNTwatch Dec 18, 2014

Case ref 145.022 should supposedly not have cal. 321 in it, but if Bienne or someone could confirm it's not a franken but some sort of prototype or early sample, couple that with the Star case would make it really special. I may be imagining too much here... Otherwise just buy the whole things for parts.