Forums Latest Members

Stalled project watches ..

1. jimmyd13 Aug 16, 2017

So, I'm sitting in front of the computer because I'm waiting for a watch to arrive back from service (and I really don't want it to be left sitting in a collection office) but, having done everything I can here and itching to get to the post office then out to a customer, I am looking through the drawer at watches waiting their turn in the limelight.

I've had this for over two years. I am not even sure any more which parts it needs but I seem to remember that I'm waiting for an EB8420 movement to pop up on eBay. Cosmetically, it's great. Mechanically ... well, it's a Bettlach movement, do we need to say anything else? Even when they were new they weren't great. Over forty years down the line I'm not sure if a reliable donor actually survives. I daren't ask the watch makers I regularly use for fear of never being allowed in their places of work again.

So, it sits in a little box, in a drawer, waiting for that magical moment when a NOS movement pops up for sale ... you folks have to have something similar, is there anything interesting to show?

(Speedmaster for scale):

IMG_20170816_1059281.jpg

2. atc100 Aug 16, 2017

I have a problem not knowing what will be next project[emoji29]

jimmyd13 likes this.