Forums Latest Members

Spotting a fake 300m ceramic

1. black3.5z Feb 4, 2017

looking at buying a watch and wonder how to sit a fake 300m ceramic

2. black3.5z Feb 4, 2017

Spot*

3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 4, 2017

You could introduce yourself & set an avatar. Then tell us what reference you are inquiring about and whether the ones you are looking at seem real/fake to you. And then you can post pictures asking for additional opinions from those here who are knowledgeable enough to determine the legitimacy.

That could be a start

oddboy likes this.
  4. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

image.png So this is the watch but there are no boxes or anything included.which I find weird for a newer watch

5. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

I just ffound it odd that somebody would not have the boxes or cards for this new of a watch.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 5, 2017

Well looking at the normal gotcha places I don't see an issue. Are these being faked at a high level right now? I know the 1st gen Planet Oceans have some scary fakes out there, but those did not have ceramic bezels. In the Omega world I have not seen anything reaching the levels of legitness those fakes had. Faking a ceramic bezel is a step I am not sure the Chinese have come close to mastering yet.

I can see about 10 things in those pics that fakes might get wrong, and it all looks right. It even has anti-reflective on the crystal. You are looking at an established watch forum, my bet is that if that is a long standing member of that forum you are fine.

If you can get the serial number on the watch, I am sure one of the few people on this forum that have access to verify it might help you.

7. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

Ok thank you. For your quick reply. Look up fake 300m ceramic they are fairly decently close

8. akshayluc420 Feb 5, 2017

Isn't the bracelet incorrect? I thought they only did that for the 50th Anniversary Diver 300 :unsure:

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 5, 2017

Decently close? Did you find something that did not match? There is a blue fake out there, but it has broad arrow Planet ocean hands, and a planet ocean style bezel, as well as a big tell that its fake that I will not mention here.

Applied hour markers that appear to be the correct depth, font on bezel, date window detail, date window font, font on bezel, wierd 3 o clock hour marker, knurl count on crown, case dimensions, knurling on bezel, hand length, date window color, He valve knurling.

But the bracelet is wrong... It might have been swapped by the previous owner. In the absence of a serial number check, I would assume that if the seller is a long time member of that forum, and will stand by the sale you are in the clear.

I have also been sampling cognac all night...

:EDIT:

I did find one convincing fake out there but, they got 1 detail wrong that I do not see on the one you posted, and it has the correct bracelet. The movement inside will clearly by wrong if opened. Can you get clear caseback shots of yours?

10. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

The bracelet does seem to be changed

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2017

Mate you post links to fake sites again you will be booted, first and only warning.

ajg1960 likes this.
  12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 5, 2017

As for your deleted post, there is one thing I keep in my back pocket to check for fakes, and the ones on the posted site all got the same thing wrong. I'm not going to post what that is, and I will reveal it to long term members, but I do not want what I look for to get out to potential fake makers. It is just this one odd little thing that they can never seem to get right. If any long term members here want what it is just PM me, but it is a great way to spot PO fakes, and apparently these.

13. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

I was asked if I had proof of a fake version. Sorry.

14. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

I guess I'll ask for case back photos any other suggestions?

15. black3.5z Feb 5, 2017

Kringley I believe his name was checked a serial on a watch for one guy. And I ended up looking up my watch serial number and finding the post and idea if he still does that

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 5, 2017

This is your answer

black3.5z likes this.