Forums Latest Members

Sporadic time keeping with Planet Ocean 8500

1. rahul718 May 31, 2016

Hi All,

I'm having some issues with my PO8500. I purchased it from someone who purchased it new from an AD. I've owned it for about 2 years, however. Last week I was tracking the accuracy and noticed it would gain 2 seconds per day. Compared to a lot of the PO8500s here, it was a bit fast, but still well within COSC limits. The past 2 days I noticed it would gain 5 seconds per day, and I didn't really do anything different that would account for that.

An hour ago I figured I would restart the time keeping for a fresh start. Just now I checked it again and now it's slow by about 2 seconds...within 1 hour! [​IMG]. I'm not sure what's going on here. I don't think it got magnetized as I would have known if it came into contact with something like that. Does anyone have an idea what could be happening? I'll pay a visit to the Omega Fifth Avenue boutique that has a watchmaker onsite, but that won't be still Saturday, and till then I'll be wondering what happened and going borderline crazy [​IMG]

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks