Forums Latest Members

Speemaster mark II pusher gasket dimensions

1. ketiljo May 7, 2024

Does anyone know the size of the gaskets or o-rings that goes inside the Speedmaster mark II pushers? I measured the inside of the "housing" and the pusher themselves and got hold of 2.50x0.35x1.80 mm o-rings, but it seems I have to stack 3 on top of each other to fill the height in there. So maybe they are not round or possibly thicker than the ones I got? I think the pushers are the same as on the Moonwatch, but a bit shorter so the gasket should be the same.
    Thanks!

Edited May 7, 2024
  2. Deafcon Omega Qualified May 7, 2024

The pushers for the Mark II are:
    086ST0005 | STEEL PUSH-PIECE
    The pushers for a typical Moonwatch are:
    086ST0059 | STEEL PUSH-PIECE
    Omega does not offer the seals independent from the pushers. I have a Mark II in the shop right now and will measure the seals from the old pushers tomorrow.

Joe

ketiljo likes this.
  3. ketiljo May 8, 2024

Thanks! I haven't found a part number for seals themselves so I assume the whole pusher is just replaced. But as with most crowns, it should be possible to just replace the rubber part. Especially for original pushers.

4. Pastorbottle May 8, 2024

I'm not sure the seals are to be replaced without the pushers as I'm led to believe that they're integral to them.
    Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the matter than me, will be along soon

5. Deafcon Omega Qualified May 9, 2024

Normal procedure is to replace pushers, which is what I normally do. In the case if this Mark II, this is what it had:
    2 o-rings around 2.64 OD .52 thickness. IMG_5728.jpeg IMG_5729.jpeg IMG_5730.jpeg IMG_5731.jpeg IMG_5732.jpeg

Edited May 9, 2024
    ketiljo likes this.
  6. ketiljo May 9, 2024

Great, thanks a lot! If you can get new pushers it's probably best to replace them. But if they are in good shape, new seals will be just as good. And they are expensive and/or hard to get without an account.