Forums Latest Members
  1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 14, 2013

has anybody experienced this: all functions good. digi keeps perfect time. synchro with the hands wrong. didi still fine,. but hands loose up the 40 minutes in 1 day......battery? service of the mechanical part of mvmt. needed? any ideas very welcome ! kind regards. achim

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 14, 2013

Have not experienced this , but I would first change the battery as it is easy enough to do.

3. ulackfocus Aug 14, 2013

If the digital portion is fine but the analog portion is lagging, the mechanical portion probably needs a COA.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 14, 2013

One would think , but these are strange little computers where the hands synchro to the chip's direction. Would still first change battery and then go from there.

watchyouwant likes this.
  5. michael e Still learning. Aug 14, 2013

Doesn't the x33 ETA 988.431 movement have a low battery indicator making the second hand jump in 5 second intervals?
    It sounds more like the mechanical part lagging due to needing a service more than anything.
    Hope you get it sorted, I believe Omega service just replace the movement.
    Good luck.
    Cheers Mick

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 14, 2013

First step in troubleshooting any quartz watch is to change the cell, unless you have the equipment and knowledge/skill to do the electrical checks, which are fairly extensive on the Cal. 1666.

For these I recommend sending them to Omega, as they will most likely swap the movement (depends a bit on the market you are in if they repair them or not). In many cases you will get a Cal. 1666D, so the better movement as the replacement.

Cheers, Al

watchyouwant likes this.
  7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 14, 2013

thanks, guys. will change the cell and see what happens. will ask the factory tonight. just thought of something else: if at a previous service the minute and hour hands were taken off and not put back correctly, would that be a factor at all? when do the hands reset to 12 o`clock? when the battery is disconnected? do they ever reset themselves to 12 o`clck? any lead would be great. kind regards. achim

8. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 14, 2013

try this post-
    they say this has been seen before
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/x33-hands-suddenly-out-sync-267310.html

9. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 14, 2013

This straight from page 6 of the x-33 manual:
    To Synchronize the Hands with Digital time
    >This is done only after the correct digital time is set (TIME)
    Press P4 (Upper button left)for more than 3 seconds to clear the screen.
    Pull the crown to position 2. Go On? and the digital time are displayed.
    Press P1 (upper button right)Digital time stops and HandS is displayed
    Press P2 (lower button right) to make the seconds hand move forward, to synchronize it with the digital seconds.
    Press P1 (upper button right) Hand" is displayed.
    Press P2 (lower button right) to make the minute hand move forward or P3 (lower button left) to make it move backward, to sychronize it with the digital minutes.
    ATTENTION:
    The minute hand jumps by 1/2 second. If the seconds are situated between 30 and 59 seconds, the minute hand should be positioned between two minute-scale marks.

Press P1 (upper button right) HandH is displayed.
    Press P2 (lower button right) to make the hour hand move forward or P3 to make it move backward, to synchronize it with the digital hour.
    Push the crown into position 1. The hands catch up to the correct time. Press the crown again to return to the previous function.

GOT that!!???

Hope it helps....

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 14, 2013

have done that, but synchro fails......

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 14, 2013

just emailed the dutch guy. will let you know, how he solved the same problem...... thanks again. kind regards. achim

12. Hijak Aug 14, 2013

Note to self:) ...never buy the X33;)

Archer likes this.
  13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 15, 2013

It's possible the cannon pinion is slipping, and if so this is not a user serviceable part. As far as I know, regardless of where the hands are installed during assembly, they should be able to be synchronized, so I'm going to say this needs a service if a new cell doesn't fix it.

Cheers, Al

watchyouwant likes this.
  14. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 15, 2013

Not me, they are on my list. Mega cool.
    And with a Omega Sharkskin strap. Ummm

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

These are fantastic GMT travel watches. Easy to set, adjust and time just about anything. Good lume and illumination if needed. Keeping mine.:thumbsup:
    Index.jpg _1010918.jpg

Etp095 likes this.
  16. Hijak Aug 15, 2013

I didn't mean to offend, apologies if I did!:oops: We all have our specific likes and dislikes and with so many models available we can all find something appealing. As an owner of a few ABC watches I just found the above description of how to regulate/set this watch and the issues it was having some what complex for my taste. Just saying for me, this is not my cup of tea, if you will...it is actually quite a useful and functional watch.:)

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

Please, no need for apologies, like any computer these can appear a pain in the ass unless you are familiar.
    Besides if you really were out of line, that's what we've got Dennis for :p

Mothra and Hijak like this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

That's the hard part, let us know if you find an extra source.

19. ulackfocus Aug 15, 2013

[​IMG]

Mothra and Hijak like this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

Made this up some time ago.
    X3334.jpg