Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday for sale ...

1. jimmyd13 Jul 4, 2017

... according to the email I received earlier today, watchfinder are "inviting offers" from their customers for "this very special watch".

I know that dealer need to make profits but I can't be the only one to find this a little distasteful?

mr_yossarian likes this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 4, 2017

There have already been further developments. It was up at £10,500 and has already been sold. We don't of course know the actual agreed selling price...

3. arcadelt Jul 4, 2017

@jimmyd13, the watch is for sale from a company operating in a democratic capitalist country. As such, they operate in a free market economy and there is absolutely nothing legally or morally wrong with what they are doing. That, of course, doesn't change the fact that you and others might find their actions distasteful, but to my mind it is better than the alternative.

kov likes this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 5, 2017

This is also a company, by the way, who kindly size the watches they sell you as a service then regularly keep the remaining links to sell on eBay. Luckily this won't affect the ST due to Omega's foresight in not providing a bracelet. Perhaps Omega realised dozens would pass through WF's hands and wanted to lessen the risk of this occurring!

Edited Jul 5, 2017
    wsfarrell likes this.