Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday — Share Your Omega Speedmaster Story

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Aug 25, 2020

[​IMG]
    In the eight years since #SpeedyTuesday first graced the internet, we have covered many Speedmaster watches and stories. One of the earliest stories we did in 2012, on the Alaska III watch we discovered, led to the first Speedy Tuesday watch produced in conjunction with Omega in 2017. But, amongst my favorite stories that you […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday — Share Your Omega Speedmaster Story to read the full article.

Travelller, EricCsN, 8100_RPM and 3 others like this.
  2. Bp1000 Aug 25, 2020

I was 12 and about to go and watch the second film I'd ever seen at a movie theatre. I was super excited because I'd just been on a long journey to see family and my reward was to see my second favourite thing after dinosaurs, space and astronauts.

The first film I ever saw was of course jurassic park and the second was about to be Apollo 13.

After the movie I became obsessed with astronauts, space and the watches they wore, even at 12 years old. Part of this obsession was that watches were particularly prevelant in my family, which is why I noticed the astronauts watch. My grandad was a clock maker, mainly grandfather clocks, beautifully assembled movements, housed in bespoke wood and gold leaf grandfather cases often with a hand drawn and painted kick board at the base as my grandad was also an artist.

I found out about the speedmaster after this film and always wanted one. Being just 12 that was never going to happen so I began asking for watches that resembled the speedmfaster for Birthdays and Christmases. Some I still own like various Citizen nighthawks which I thought had similar bracelets to the 1171 bracelets they use to use on the 80's speedmasters.

It wasn't until my 20's that I was able to save up and buy my first Omega speedmaster and since then I have collected a variety from typical moonwatch professionals to more unique pulsometers, pre moon omega chronographs, and more recently the Apollo 11 50th.

The speedmaster has history for me, comes in so many interesting forms and I will never tire of these fantastic watches.

[​IMG]

This is the watch I'm wearing today, for Speedy Tuesday, as I'm writing this mini story for my very own speedy Tuesday.

LeonDeBayonne, orlis, Dor_42 and 8 others like this.
  3. Twocats Married... with children Aug 25, 2020

it's Robert-Jans fault I fell in love with the Speedy. A Dutch buddy of mine I used to work with turned me onto Fratellowatches about five years ago. I look forward to the Speedy Tuesday's article every week and have learned so much from reading them.

The Speedy is the only watch I have owned where I lust after practically every model with a few exceptions. I posted photos of me on another thread rocking my wife's pink Speedy 38 :)

It's a watch you can look at everyday and it never looses its fresh appeal and sharpness.

I am waiting patiently for the new Snoopy release and can't wait to see the first photos of it.

I want to own so many of them but I love and appreciate the two I have now.

5E1C4AF8-B60B-4F41-A2CF-CE7283D2D268.jpeg