Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – The Speedmasters I Bought In 2017

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 28, 2017

[​IMG]
    As we are approaching the end of the year, I looked back at the watches I’ve bought and sold and I realized that I bought more than I had planned. Actually, when the year started I didn’t plan to buy much anyway, except for an extra Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday. But in the end, I bought […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday – The Speedmasters I Bought In 2017 to read the full article.

rafabond, frazierspa, SteveB and 6 others like this.
  2. Riviera Paradise Nov 28, 2017

Congratulations Robert on your purchases (that tan strap does look gorgeous on the Speedy 57 60th LE) and once again a very big thank you for the Speedy Tuesday LE initiative - I love my ST!

maxsim and Robert-Jan like this.
  3. Jarett Nov 28, 2017

Robert, Your story is a challenge for all of us :)

frazierspa and Robert-Jan like this.
  4. Mr Gadget Nov 28, 2017

Great minds think alike. I have bought the same this year.

frazierspa and Robert-Jan like this.
  5. BLAUGRANA Nov 28, 2017

Haha. Three Speedys for me this year (one on the way) and very possibly a fourth as well. Now I feel slightly less crazy, if only slightly. If I get the fourth we'll have two of the same. The third, on the way, is one I know you want. Couldn't resist it today at about 33% less than what Chrono24 is showing, in mint condition, with an additional alligator strap with Omega buckle. I just may need that X-33 bracelet to go with it and I'm not even a bracelet guy. I will be done with Speedys for a while if I go for that fourth. Well, so long as Omega doesn't go and make another fantastic release.

Robert-Jan, did you get that CK2998 release from last year? Anyway, nice read and I love the story of the Tin-Tin. I have a mate moving to Japan and I don't think he knows what he's in for when it comes to sending me watches. ;)

Robert-Jan likes this.
  6. shutterlife Nov 28, 2017

With the exception of the X-33, I bought the same watches.

Come to think of it, 2017 isn't over yet. Still got about 33 days left

Robert-Jan likes this.
  7. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 29, 2017

Thanks! No, I skipped the CK2998, I like the watch, but it is not for me tbh. I like to stick to the Moonwatch models some how, and the CK2998 with the blue was a bit too much for me. If they only did the FOiS with Hesalite and 'regular' case back.

RJ

frazierspa, N1CK, TJH and 1 other person like this.
  8. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 29, 2017

33 days left to buy a X33 ;-) You need one.

RJ

shutterlife likes this.
  9. BLAUGRANA Nov 29, 2017

I grabbed a FOIS as my first Speedmaster (and first Omega in fact) earlier this year and it's a fantastic watch. I actually don't mind the sapphire crystal at all. It actually helps if you want to dress up the watch a bit. Case back doesn't bother me either since it's not a display case back. The size is great, I like the handset as well as the asymmetry of the sub hands. I think it's easily one of the best value for money watches much less Speedys out there right now. When you change your mind you should be able to get one easily enough. ;)

Yeah, I don't mind the CK2998, but it's not for me either. The color is alright, but I'm not a fan of the chronograph seconds hand (I know I'm in a minority, but lollipops don't do it for me as they do for others) and the sub registers needed more definition.

Anyway, when #3 arrives this week I'll post it here assuming I decide to keep it. Heck, if I can be arsed I might even post a picture. :)

Robert-Jan likes this.
  10. Mr Gadget Nov 30, 2017

I could not agree more.

Great watch

Robert-Jan likes this.
  11. Moadib Nov 30, 2017

Nice. Always impressed - and a little gobsmacked - by the amazing Omega collections people acquire!

Robert-Jan likes this.
  12. texasmade Nov 30, 2017

Omega isn't ridiculously expensive like some other watch brands but still really nice and high quality which makes it easy to acquire a lot of them.

13. Mtnmansa Dec 3, 2017

Like I told you in your FB post, Robert-Jan.Great read and Fantastic story to put a momentous year in perspective.
    I’ve managed 3 of the 4, but hope springs eternal waiting for the Speedy Tuesday.

64E0AD6E-2604-4E3D-833F-06BF3830DEA4.jpeg
    Robert-Jan likes this.
  14. Moadib Dec 3, 2017

Agreed - although I'm more of a 'share the love'. I'd rather own one or two myself, rather than 30 or 40, which limits availability for everyone. Better one or two really good pieces that I wear, than a safe-load that rarely see the light of day or any wrist-time.

Mtnmansa likes this.
  15. Mr Gadget Dec 3, 2017

Another great collection.

Mtnmansa and Robert-Jan like this.