Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – the Omega GSotM (Grey Side of the Moon)

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Sep 9, 2015

[​IMG]
    When I receive a watch for review, I always ask friends and colleagues their opinion about the watch. It’s always good to ask watch lovers as well as casual observers for their thoughts because the latter, who are often difficult to impress, really let on when the watch is something special. I’ve reviewed some fantastic watches thus far, both new and old, but never before have I reviewed a watch that turned heads like the piece I’ll discuss today. The Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon, or “GSotM”, stopped all comers in their tracks and you’ll see what I […]

The article Speedy Tuesday – the Omega GSotM (Grey Side of the Moon) appeared first on Fratello Watches.

gippo and TheKomoman like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy Sep 11, 2015

The GSOTM has been a grail watch for me since it was announced. I finally got one about 12 hours ago, and I love it. I haven't had it long enough to give a review, but I really appreciated reading your's a couple of days ago! It was quite informative to read just 24 hours after I announced to my friends I was buying one. I had to sacrifice a Rolex Submariner 16800 and a NOS Omega SM300 from Watchco to get it.

I'd say my Top 3 watches in my collection are my new GSOTM, my Omega titanium PO 8500 LM, and my Rolex GMT II BLNR. I think they represent the perfect Trifecta of Chronograph, Diver, and GMT - and they are representative of some of the best watches that the two companies are putting out these days.

In my Top 5 I'd add my Polar Explorer II 216570 and my 1796 Speedmaster 145.022 Moonwatch. Those two could easily have been my Rolex Coke GMT II and Omega Ti Seamaster Pro chronograph (Chuck Maddox homage watch).

IMG_9153.jpg
    abrod520, Serge and TLIGuy like this.
  3. guelerct Sep 11, 2015

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

4. shutterlife Sep 12, 2015

I love this watch.

image.jpg

happytapy likes this.
  5. falcon4311 Sep 15, 2015

I saw one at an AD in Calgary. It is head and shoulders above the DSOTM IMO. The dial is stunning in natural sunlight.

happytapy likes this.
  6. happytapy Sep 16, 2015

Definitely my favourite Speedy Moon watch. The luminous glow from that Tachy bezel is just something else. Wow. :)

7. Lew Archer Sep 16, 2015

Stunning watch! Congratulations to those who have acquired one!