Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – The Most Geeky Speedmaster Now Documented

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jun 12, 2018

[​IMG]
    Although it might be a close call between this LCD Speedmaster and the later Speedmaster X-33, I feel the LCD still wins the ‘Most Geeky Speedmaster’ title due to its high late 1970s/early 1980s design. We covered the LCD a couple of times before (read this early Speedy Tuesday story for example), and especially our […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday – The Most Geeky Speedmaster Now Documented to read the full article.

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jun 12, 2018

Awesome site @kov !!!! Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

neilfrancis and kov like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 12, 2018

+1, killer site! @kov, great job!

kov likes this.
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. Jun 12, 2018

Thank you very much for sharing @Robert-Jan ::love::

As most of you know, I've started this research here by documenting all the different calibre 1620 models and variations available that were produced in the late seventies. At this stage, as a MVP (minimum viable product) I decided to focus and publish my research about the differences between the Moonwatch-cased Speedy and the prototypes but I believe www.omegalcdspeedmaster.com will be enhanced with infos about the other models we discussed here.

Let's keep is alive and add value over time - for now, I am delighted to see it finally live and I need a small break :D

Thanks so much for the kind words @eugeneandresson and @oddboy ::shy:: :thumbsup:

ock2915, neilfrancis, sdre and 14 others like this.
  5. chronoboy64 Jun 12, 2018

Great stuff, huge thanks to the originator :thumbsup:

Robert-Jan and kov like this.
  6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 12, 2018

Great work... congrats on a superb website about an Omega Speedmaster version very limited information was available before !

kov likes this.
  7. WurstEver Jun 12, 2018

A beautifully made, informative, and super interesting site @kov. Congratulations!

kov likes this.
  8. lustrousaurus Jun 12, 2018

Awesome @kov ! I like this new research pertaining to the Alaska IV. I always wanted one (Quartz model), but having difficulties finding one...Def my personal grail watch, one day I will find one...

kov likes this.
  9. Tik-Tok of Oz Jun 12, 2018

Fantastic website @kov! very informative about an era and style of watch I know very little about. Thank you for creating it.

kov likes this.
  10. Reddy_Kilowatt Jun 12, 2018

Why do I feel like the 70s have a lot of explaining to do?

neilfrancis, dinexus and kov like this.
  11. omegaswisst Jun 13, 2018

Hi @kov

Thanks for taking the time to put such a great resource together :thumbsup:

kov likes this.
  12. sdre Jun 13, 2018

Website looks fantastic. Must have been quite abit of work (designed it yourself @kov ?) Congrats on the job well done!

kov likes this.
  13. neilfrancis Jun 13, 2018

+1 to all of the above.

kov likes this.
  14. kov Trüffelschwein. Jun 13, 2018

Thank you ! No, I used the same platform as @t_solo_t used for his websites about the Holy Grail, Seamaster 1000, Ploprof and Megaquartz... I wrote all the content on my own platform but finally decided to use his in order to keep the same look and feel for the community who browses our work. Maybe in the future there will be even more of those dedicated and focused micro-sites writing down what will become common knowledge :)

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  15. Ball_b Jun 13, 2018

Good job, thanks for sharing.. Well done!

kov likes this.