Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Overview Of The Gold Moonwatch Models – Part I

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jul 28, 2015

[​IMG]
    Already in the early days of my interest in Speedmaster watches (late 1990’s), I am familiar with the gold Omega Speedmaster Professional Apollo XI from 1969 as my friend and watchmakers has one. This watch was (and is) one of the coolest Speedmaster watches out there in my opinion. It isn’t so much about the gold in the first place, but that it has an interesting story to it. A story we’ve told a couple of times here: There are a total of 1014 of these watches, #1 was offered to President Nixon and #2 was offered to Vice President […]

The article Speedy Tuesday – Overview Of The Gold Moonwatch Models – Part I appeared first on Fratello Watches.

Mad Dog and Jones in LA like this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 28, 2015

That's a nice article, Robert-Jan. Thanks for sharing it here.

3. sgeusa777 Jul 28, 2015

It is a beautiful watch! I have question on a watch that I just picked up from a collector in Europe! It's a 1969 Speedy with the same back case than the gold version, (or at least close to it) however in stainless steel! I was told that these transitional watches with the stainless steel back case were made after the moon landing in the second part of 1969 until 1971 or 1972 and than replaced with basically the case back that is used now! I did a bit of research and all I can find is that these specific Speedy's are rare! Does anyone know more about these specific watches? Would be interested in finding out a bit more about my grail watch!

image.jpg image.jpg