Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Ultraman Ref.145.012-67

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Dec 13, 2016

[​IMG]
    Perhaps as rare as it gets, these orange handed Speedmasters are topic of (heated) discussions every once in a while. Only a few of them have been (officially) made in Bienne, but (official) numbers aren’t known. The watch was only made in 1968 and featured in The Return of Ultraman in 1971, which gives it its […]

The post Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Ultraman Ref.145.012-67 appeared first on Fratello Watches.

Lonestar, KstateSkier and SpeedTar like this.
  2. SpeedTar Dec 13, 2016

The only way to spot if it is a legit Ultraman is the extract of the archive, right?
    Good to know!! :thumbsup:

3. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 13, 2016

I can recall that Ultraman Speedmaster showed up during the dinner at the #SpeedyTuesday event with Omega and Fratellowatches. Roy Davidoff brought it to the dinner and we could compare all the details.

IMG_5196.JPG

Both watches are absolutely identical, both have been delivered to the USA. Can't remember when for theirs (right), mine in July 1968 (left).

Very cool post, @Robert-Jan, as usual :thumbsup:

4. 2nastie Dec 13, 2016

I'm really curious as to whether every extract will indicate it as a "ultraman". I don't recall where I saw it but I believe there has been a few "ultraman" owned by individuals (with extracts) with no indication of it containing the orange hand in the description.

I just have the feeling that not every "ultraman" was indicated when it left the factory and therefore neither the archive or omega can determine the real production quantity.

Would love to own one someday.

Edited Dec 13, 2016
  5. Jaacck Dec 13, 2016

Maybe in years to come they will be talking about the mysterious ck2998 blue lume hands with green lume on the bezel on speedy tuesdays just like the ultraman being a mystery.I think if they had forums / the internet back in the 60's all this stuff would be super documented!

6. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 13, 2016

For me this is very close to the truth. :thumbsup: