Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Pro Tintin

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 29, 2014

It’s Speedy Tuesday! One of our dear readers and Speedmaster enthusiasts has contributed a number of photos of his recently acquired Omega Speedmaster Pro Tintin watch. We discussed this watch already even before it was released in BaselWorld and then were the first to tell you about the association with Tintin. Jean-Claude Monachon - Vice President and Head of Product Development – told us about the initial plans for this watch when Omega designed it, making it an official Omega Speedmaster Tintin timepiece. Instead, it became the Omega Speedmaster Pro Racing as the owners of the Tintin copyrights (probably) did not […]
    Click here to read the entire article:
    Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Pro Tintin

2. Unwound Apr 29, 2014

Why on earth did the Tintin creator reject Omega on this?

This dial with the rocket would have been legendary instead of a sad attempt to remember a forgotten cartoon.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 29, 2014

Probably the same reason they asked RJ to take down a picture from the comic, overly aggressive legal teams.

4. ulackfocus Apr 29, 2014

I bet it's about money.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  5. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 30, 2014

A very safe bet. ;) The letter I received had a lot of stuff inside about copyrights and the lack of authorization to publish their 'artwork' in my article. However, the letter ended with: "Moreover, you can not ignore that each reproduction of a copyrighted work is submitted to copyright fees". We are talking about a picture of a cover of a comic here.

Actually, they also wanted me to write a letter that I don't use the name 'Tintin' anymore in one of my posts. Idiots.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 30, 2014

lol did you write the letter?

7. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 30, 2014

I wrote that I would take off the photos and refrain from posting them again in the future. I have no lawsuit - money in the bank ;-)