Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo-Soyuz 1975

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Aug 16, 2016

[​IMG]
    Apollo-Soyuz In 2014, we already covered the Speedmaster Apollo-Soyuz and the background of this watch: The Apoll0-Soyuz mission in 1975. Two super powers forgot about the Cold War for just a moment by docking the Apollo and Soyuz spacecrafts at an altitude of 138 miles. Launched at the 15th of July in 1975, the docking took […]

The post Speedy Tuesday – OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo-Soyuz 1975 appeared first on Fratello Watches.

Steve88M3 and TLIGuy like this.
  2. TLIGuy Aug 16, 2016

Great article RJ. This is my absolute favorite LE Speedmaster.

Regarding the case back on this model does any one here have any information regarding why Gemini was added? It seems to be an odd addition.

I could live with the Gemini addition if I was ever fortunate enough to own one but I'm curious if there was an intentional reason Omega felt the need to add it.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2016

I wonder if we'll ever have another LE released more or less at the same time as a major event in human space exploration again

TLIGuy likes this.
  4. TLIGuy Aug 16, 2016

I foresee the new Aldrin designed Mars watch with the enamel case back hitting the market about the same time we land on Mars.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2016

When it happens, will it be NASA, China, or Elon Musk though?

If its the later he's more partial to Lange and Richard Mille

As long as the USA continues to use looting NASA as the easy solution to filling budget shortfalls I think its going to be a long time before they're in the race to Mars.

Given how much Apollo did for the US economy, the incredible technology and IP that silicon valley was built on as a result of it I think they're mad for not doing it all over again.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2016

@Robert-Jan
    Great article but you glossed over the hands issue. Which are correct? The only reason I ask is that the lume is not exactly a match on the one in the new article but seems age appropriate for a 76 production and not post 81 replacements. I guess it's odd that everything points to this one being original but the one in the Museam is different.

Edited Aug 16, 2016
  7. Clibka Aug 18, 2016

Fantastic article!! Exciting read for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. bnabod Aug 18, 2016

Great Speedy would not mind one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk