Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Numbered Gold Speedmasters As Tribute To The Renewed Flight Qualification...

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Dec 20, 2016

[​IMG]
    You might think that cooperation between Omega and NASA stopped after the Apollo program. But that isn’t the case. In fact, the Moonwatch was re-certified for the Space Shuttle missions in 1978. Again, after a tender and some rigid testing procedures, the Omega Speedmaster Professional was chosen again for all manned space flights. 56 Pieces For NASA […]

The post Speedy Tuesday – Numbered Gold Speedmasters As Tribute To The Renewed Flight Qualification For The Space Shuttle appeared first on Fratello Watches.

2. Jaacck Dec 20, 2016

A white gold speedmaster is a great thing, to anybody looking at it at a glance would just see it as steel. What a unnecessary luxury but why not.

EdtheAussie likes this.
  3. kurtj29 Dec 20, 2016

I love both of the watches in this article - both the WG and YG versions. The most stunning part for me is the lack of lume on the hands and hour markers. I hate what the lume does to the dial and hands. I can't really think of a time when I actually needed the lume and the other 99.99% of the time it reduces the beauty of the watch. I sometimes kind of think that is why we like the patina of the brownish lume - at least it is not sick green.

Great article, wish I could both afford or even find one of these watches.

Riviera Paradise likes this.