Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Interview With Chuck Maddox (repost)

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 14, 2013

Below is an excerpt of the entire article on Fratellowatches. Click Speedy Tuesday – Interview With Chuck Maddox (Repost) to read the entire article.
    [​IMG]

It is Speedy Tuesday! What better way to honour my watch friend Chuck Maddox by reposting our interview we did in 2004 on this Speedy Tuesday? Last Sunday, it was 5 years ago that he passed away. Some parts of the interview are perhaps a bit out dated as the interview is 9 years old. It makes me wonder how Chuck Maddox would have perceived the new road that OMEGA has taken with their in-house movements (caliber 8500 and 9300) and how he would have thought about the Speedmaster 9300 Co-Axial models.
    The post Speedy Tuesday – Interview With Chuck Maddox (Repost) appeared first on Fratellowatches - Opinions on watches, watch reviews, watch stories & industry news.

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 14, 2013

It's amazing how it has been 5 years since Chuck passed away. I still remember quite vividly getting a call from Bill Sohne who sounded very distressed telling me that Chuck had passed away. I knew Chuck just from some email exchanges I had with him but Bill was a good friend of the man and to this day, Chuck's name comes up regularly in my conversations with Bill - lots of times when discussing vintage omega chronographs. I bet Chuck would be just as excited as many of us are about the new watches with the co-axial movements omega has been releasing the past few years.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 15, 2013

Half way through this. Really enjoying it. Thanks.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  4. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 15, 2013

Thanks for the comments guys. He was truly a great guy and had a lot of knowledge (at hand most of the times, he didn't even have to look things up). I traded a few watches with him and was the guy in the middle for some of his watch trades (amongst others an ultra rare Speedmaster Moonphase in a German Teutonic case, like the Mark V). I was a student still, and he sent me some money over in my local currency (Dutch guilders, before the Euro ruined it all ;)). He used to put post-it's on the Dutch bank notes with arrows and text what he liked about the design. :)

I have a CD-ROM somewhere from him, with the audio files on it of his interview with Wally Schirra. I will look it up when I have the time and see if I can share some of it.

RJ

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 15, 2013

That would be awesome mate!