Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Gold Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch Jubilee 27 CHRO C12

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 9, 2018

[​IMG]
    Limited editions are a hot topic today, bot in sales as well as in discussions. Perhaps in the pre-internet age, it was less transparent and as a result, less complaining. What we have here today is a perfect example of a limited edition without a real reason, yet it is starting to become a really […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday – Gold Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch Jubilee 27 CHRO C12 to read the full article.

2. teojjsg Oct 9, 2018

Nice write up and interesting to know that there is an earlier movement similar to the 321.

Here's my perfect score '100' saying hello...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. igloe Oct 9, 2018

I love those gold watches. And compared to ltd steel ones, infind them still affordable

4. Slowpoker Oct 9, 2018

I thought this watch looked familiar, that's the model I was scammed on, however mine was manufactured in 2012 or so.

Did Omega remake these watches but just stopped selling them when demand went low or something?

Anyway, I simply love that 18k deployant and the whole black and gold theme, it's a timeless classic and I can imagine this being passed on to your children or grandchildren.

igloe likes this.
  5. teojjsg Oct 9, 2018

No. Mine was from 1990s and limited to 999pcs. There's a similar non LE model which i think has gold letterings instead of white.

You are right. My youngest son has stake his claim to this pc. :)

Taddyangle likes this.
  6. Stufflers Mom Oct 9, 2018

A thing of beauty.

igloe likes this.
  7. Crizq0 Oct 10, 2018

How often are these available for sale and what prices are they usually offered for. Now that I have a yellow gold wedding right ring I’ve been considering the gold Speedmaster pro to match.

8. Slowpoker Oct 10, 2018

I've seen a few on chrono24 and one or two on eBay at around £9k or so, some negotiation may be needed.

I considered the gold speedy for the very same reason, I have a ring which is black and gold so I wanted to match it up.

igloe likes this.
  9. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 10, 2018

As always a good read with great photos!
    Hopefully the 2019 LE versions will come with a DON bezel as a true tribute to the Apollo era ... Fingers crossed...

igloe likes this.
  10. teojjsg Oct 11, 2018

Add a solid gold to the 50th Anniversary and i might sell an arm for it...

igloe likes this.