Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – George Clooney Wears A Gold Speedmaster in Money Monster

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 10, 2016

repoman likes this.
  2. Hands90 May 10, 2016

The best part of this movie is the close up on the Speedy

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. wayneG May 10, 2016

Every time I see a gold Speedie, I sigh knowing how much I want one, but how silly the price probably is. What an absolutely stunning watch!

4. Superdoc May 10, 2016

I loved Clooney before he was an Omega Ambassador... and loved Omega before Clooney was an ambassador...

the only 2 ambassadors I could possibly care about are James Bond...And Clooney...

What I love most about Clooney is his insistence on wearing Omegas in his films..

In "Up in the Air"... his character was scripted to wear a Rolex GMT ... Clooney refused, and wore his Omega HV Annual Calendar...

There is nothing in his contract that says that he has to wear an Omega on screen...

You just can't touch a guy like that...

kurtj29 likes this.
  5. kurtj29 May 10, 2016

That's cool. That makes me appreciate his association to Omega. Is there any back story? I assume George Clooney is a watch lover then and not just a shill for Omega. Why does he like Omega?

Spy likes this.
  6. Superdoc May 10, 2016

If you believe the Story, his Father (news reporter Nick Clooney) wore an omega...
    When George became an ambassador, he showed the watch to Stephen Urquhart, who offered a full overhaul... To which Clooney replied, "I just think it needs a new strap"....

This is the Story Urquhart tells anyway...

Which Watch Next and kurtj29 like this.