Forums Latest Members

Speedy style bracelet for SMP midsize

1. Tarmo Mar 3, 2019

Hi all, first post!

I’ve been eyeing the Seamaster Professional midsize (36mm) for a business casual watch. I kinda rejected it due to the bracelet, but then I noticed the old "sword hands" model 2252.50 has a much cleaner Speedmaster-style bracelet.

Now there are two options to consider:

1. Find a used 2252.50 in good condition. It'd be a bit cheaper, has cool hands, but doesn't come in blue and I'm a bit worried about the aluminum bezel.

2. Buy a new watch with ceramic bezel (while still in stock), and find a speedy style bracelet for it. This would be quite a bit more costly than a used watch, but not terrible for a brand new Omega, plus I like the idea of a scratch-free bezel. I'll probably wear the watch on days when I hit the gym or swimming pool after work, so it'll get tossed in a bag or a pocket with my keys. I'd also get to keep the other bracelet, in case my preference changes later.

Now the problem with #2 is figuring out whether it's actually possible, and which parts I'd have to look for. If things work out like with the larger models, a ”speedy reduced” bracelet like this should fit:

https://www.watchbands.com/Products/18mm-Silver-Tone-SS-Metal__20ST1469811.aspx

But then I'd have to change that clasp - I cannot really wear a SMP with one that says 'Speedmaster' on it...

I'd appreciate any help and pointers regarding the bracelet swap - proof that it works, part numbers, sellers, etc. There's plenty of similar info online for the larger watches, but nothing for midsize.

2. robinhook Mar 29, 2019

3. Tarmo Mar 29, 2019

robinhook likes this.
  4. robinhook Mar 29, 2019

Cool! The bracelet looks amazing on the SMPc midsize. I was worried that they won't fit when swapped given Speedy reduced is 39mm, SMP midsize is 36.25mm. Good to know that they are interchangable. Thanks!