Forums Latest Members

Speedy Pro sizing/clasp centering

1. Ty89m Sep 8, 2018

Hey all,

Got my replacement Speedy Moonwatch back (first ones chrono second hand wasn't resetting to zero). Anyway, great piece, got it sized up last night, and can't quite get the clasp centered on my wrist.

I've pulled 2 links from 12 side, and 1 from 6 side as I find all of my watches require less links on 6 side to fit/center clasp.

Any suggestions on what I could do to get clasp centered up? When watch is right up against my hand, it's fairly well centered, but when behind wrist bone it's a ways off. I tried removing another link from 6 side and adding to 12 side, but that brought clasp too far other direction.

Are a couple of half links an option? I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'd need to do to center without causing fitment to be too tight or too loose. It's about perfect right now, just the clasp is off.

Is this the best I can achieve? Anyone else in same position? I have a fairly flat ~7" wrist.

Thanks! IMG_0282.JPG

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 8, 2018

1/2 links not going to help as it will shorten it more.

Looks ok to me though.

watch3s likes this.
  3. Donn Chambers Sep 10, 2018

I have never been able to get both the watch head and the bracelet clasp (or strap tang, deployant, etc) centered on the wrist. It’s always one of the other, and I choose the watch head and live with a slightly off-center clasp. Your result is more centered than anything I have been able to do with any of my watches, so I wouldn’t obsess about it.

4. Canuck Sep 10, 2018

Problem as I see it is that the wrists change shape as you rotate your hand. Adjust the buckle for one orientation, and it will be wrong for another orientation. Solution? An expansion bracelet. :)

5. watch3s Sep 10, 2018

and dont forget to account for the swelling...

6. time flies Sep 10, 2018

Looks ok to me. Enjoy.

have fun
    kfw

7. Ty89m Sep 11, 2018

Thanks all, if I wear is close to the hand as opposed to behind wrist bone, I'm solid. I'll quit obsessing (famous last words for a WIS). I'll be tossing a Nato on it eventually anyway - these Speedy's look great on about every strap combo I've seen.

Love the watch!