Forums Latest Members

Speedy Pro Moonphase ("Broad Arrow") 3575.20

1. Dsloan Apr 9, 2020

That make sense. And that lume looks great!

The examples listed in the $3K-$4K range have some good dings and dents in the bezels. Looks like people are asking $4K-$6K for a clean example. Compared to that premium, it seems like I might as well just buy a cheaper one and then just spend money on a service and a replacement bezel.

2. Lostpuppy116 Apr 9, 2020

As I have not had the bezel replaced, I cannot say. I imagine the going rate for gold may affect bezel prices. I do know the 1866 (I think) movement is not one of the cheaper services to be performed. Thank you moon phase complication. With coronavirus, service would be delayed as well. The upside is you may have more time to look at beautiful 3575.20 pictures and comparing watches. Lots of shopping fun... Might be worth springing extra for the papers if you include the service and bezel in your purchase decision.

Dsloan likes this.
  3. Mjfefe Jan 28, 2021

Just some info for you all. I have a 3537.20. Owned it for about 17years. I love this watch and yes, it can totally be work for dress or casual. The Bezel is more susceptible to dings but overall wears like any other bezel.

I've had it serviced 3 times during my ownership. One thing I will tell you is this, if you are having it serviced, go directly through an Omega boutique or send it to the Omega service center directly. Do not go through a 3rd party like Tournou, they will upcharge you about $200. Mine is being serviced right now. The charge for full service through Omega is $750. This includes the replacement of any worn interior components and refinishing of the exterior of the watch. Also, the replacement cost of the bezel is $1750 if anyone is looking to do that. I did not replace mine, but I always ask just to see what the price is.

Joeytrojan and padders like this.
  4. Joeytrojan Jul 12, 2021

Overall, have you been pretty happy with this piece? I’m deciding between this and a more plain white dial date just (36mm) as a dress watch. This version is very interesting to me, but I already have a standard Speedy moon watch. Do you think there is enough of a difference to justify having both? Also, how would you think this would wear on a leather strap? Since I want this as a dress watch, I’d likely be looking to have it on a strap the majority of the time. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

5. lindo Jul 12, 2021

I already had a standard Speedmaster Moon Watch when I bought one of these, principally because I like the design and the additional moon phase function (which seemed oddly appropriate for a Moon Watch, even though it would have been useless for space missions). I also like the design homage to the 1957 precursor, the striking fire blue hands and indexes, and the white gold bezel, all of which are so different from the standard Moon Watch design that I can enjoy them side by side.

I bought mine as a full set from Japan a couple of years ago at a very reasonable price compared to Chrono24 offerings, and am very glad I did.

You can see from this image that in some lights the white gold colour difference is pronounced, but in others not so much.
    IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

Tekashi_145.022 and NorthLaw like this.
  6. JetLinks Jul 12, 2021

Very nice indeed!!! I've liked this model ever since I saw it and was torn between this or a Marui Reduced Speedie (all white dial) for my daughter's birth watch! In the end the smaller dial won (for her) but at times Dad wishes he'd gone the broad arrow way!

Enjoy!! She's a beauty!!

7. Mjfefe Jul 26, 2021

I love this watch. I haven't used a leather band with it, so not sure how it would look. One thing I will say is that I have seen many people over the years complain about the white dial with silver hands/markers as it can be difficult to see the time in low light because there is little contrast between the dial and the hands.