Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Feb 23, 2013

Just a quick enquiry from the experts about these watches and what they sell for? What are the best movements? Variants? Are they collectible?

This is virgin territory to me as I never really had any interest in these type of watches but I'm starting to convert and I'd like to learn a little more about them!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361641746.152130.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361641786.135385.jpg

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 23, 2013

Alex

There aren't many variants really - there's a racing dial, which is more "collectable" than the standard black dial & some gold versions which occasionally pop up.

The movement is a cal 861, so servicing is no problem. In the UK they tend to sell for £800-1500 depending on condition, dial and naivety of the buyer :)

I have seen some at watch fairs for £700-800 and with papers, but not in very good cosmetic condition.

Does that help at all ?

3. Dablitzer Feb 23, 2013

No that's perfect, thanks Warren! I'm just getting a feel for what's out there.

What would you expect to pay for one in cosmetically good condition, dial very clean with box & papers?

Perhaps you would tell me the "trade" price and the price you would "want" to pay if in good condition.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 23, 2013

I'm a cheapskate so I wouldn't want to pay over £900 with papers. But if you really want a clean one with papers you'll end up paying more !