Forums Latest Members
  1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 26, 2012

Some good advice a few days ago on the forum regarding a Speedmaster I was considering, viewed and decided it was not for me.
    Total change of tack, tried on a scrapper of a automatic Seamaster 300 with if I am correct the cal. 552.
    Considering looking for a "nice" one - Any opinions ?
    [​IMG]

2. flame Speedmaster Neil Oct 26, 2012

Hi

Probably one of the most Iconic watches ever made....and probably my favourite watch !

Depending on personal taste & budget you can either go vintage or new build....looking at your picture you are looking for a 165.024 (cal 552 non-date) or 166.024 (cal 565 with date) which were produced from approx '63 until the early 70's.

Be very careful of fakes & put togethers....these are a bit of a minefield :eek:

and have a light read to start with: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...mega-Seamaster-300-including-Military-watches

Here's one of mine:

[​IMG]

Any questions drop me a PM....

HTH's

Best - Neil

Alpha and Taddyangle like this.
  3. ulackfocus Oct 26, 2012

If you're not concerned about an original example, a WatchCo piece might be a cool idea since they use new replacement parts with vintage movements.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 26, 2012

Swiss Time Services had an Omega rebuild in not so long ago - an original movement with service parts & looking all brand new. They are recognised as "real" whereas a lot of the Watchco ones aren't if the movement wasn't originally in the SM300 case.

5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 27, 2012

Appreciate the pointers, notice watchco are selling one on the bay at the moment which they are claiming is the last with original parts. As a company there feedback certainly looks good.
    Thanks for the link Neil, very helpful. Love that big triangle, see I've started my research already. Hope you don't mind if I take you up on your offer with a pm in the near future.

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 27, 2012

First steps taken, went through my meagre collection with a when did I last wear it will I ever wear it approach and a couple of items up for grabs.
    Not been obsessed for to long and still find it a bit difficult to part with pieces but hopefully once the cash arrives for a sm purchase :)

7. ulackfocus Oct 27, 2012

The first time you sell is the hardest. It gets easier.

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 27, 2012

Now where have I heard that before...

:D

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 27, 2012

I had never seen that cricket deleted scene before, always wondered what crappy lavatory that was, turns out it was at a Pakistani cricket pavilion, which explains a lot lol.

10. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 27, 2012

Going to have to watch some "Mr Bond" soon, thanks for the link Neil, been through it a couple of times already.
    Getting slightly easier in that I've decided it is only a no date for me.