Forums Latest Members
  1. d4uk Jan 6, 2016

So - just taken delivery today of my first ever 'MK1' speedy and it's a lovely pre-moon Cal 321
    (i'm feeling very lucky...)
    It's on a 1067 bracelet which does fit (just) - but won't on hotter days as it's on maximum width

Is there a way to add an additional link on such an old bracelet?
    or should I look for a stronger newer style bracelet from possibly a later reference?
    as I know that sometime these older 1067 and 1039 bracelets are not best for daily wear.

I know a lot of you guys tend to wear the on leather and that's always an option.. t's just i'm more at home with a slightly looser movement a bracelet can be worn at .

also I find a lot of 'stock' leather straps to be a little too short again only just.
    (I have a couple of Di Modell racing straps for my Mark II's and these always seem to be set on the last/first hole.

so open to any recommendations on leather straps...

Edited Jan 6, 2016
  2. JohnSteed Jan 6, 2016

Pics please

3. Davidt Jan 6, 2016

Straight lug or twisted?

I like the 1035/9 flat link braceket that is standard, but I also wear my 321 on the later 1171 bracelet.

The JB Champion bracelets also look great on the straight lugs.

image.jpg image.jpg

Etp095 and JohnSteed like this.
  4. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 6, 2016

If you want to shell out a little coin for an amazing custom strap, Aaron at Combat Straps produces beautiful pieces.

The Bulang and Sons line of straps are very nice as well, or you can order directly from Jean Paul Meniucci.

Another option is GLC Straps in Italy and BCATT Straps in the UK.

A great watch deserves a killer strap.

5. mozambique Jan 6, 2016

I would recommend an 1171. Looks similar to OEM, not that expensive and nice and sturdy.

6. d4uk Jan 6, 2016

It's a 145.012-67 so asymetric lugs
    Came from william and it's even better than I was hoping for...
    Cost me more than I was probably looking to spend on a piece at this time of year but it would as I was looking at cal 861's previously but this one just sang to me!

1171 sounds like a good option for the OEM look only more daily wearable - just a case of finding one on eBay? Or are they affordable new from an AD (I found that the new strap I bought for my mkII was cheaper at the AD than from likes of STS)

As for leather have bought from watch obsession in the past will have a look at the suggestions over the next day or so

Thanks
    Andrew

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 6, 2016

8. Davidt Jan 7, 2016

I have a couple of 1171's and only one get's used. I can't recall the condition of the other off the top of my head but I'll have a look if you're interested.

9. d4uk Jan 7, 2016

Yes David def would be interested - need it to be about 7.5"
    Or mean that once fitted it fits to a 7.5" wrist
    I'll take this one off in a bit and measure it to see the length of it and then work out how much longer it wants to be prob only 1 links worth
    Thanks