Forums Latest Members
  1. guelerct Sep 22, 2016

My manager bought a Speedmaster 1957 with a bracelet and tan strap under my advice. He likes the watch a lot but was listing after my GSOTM today. His partner has a blue Datejust 36 and gets compliments from many while non watch folks do not compliment my manager's watch. Not a big deal because it's a cool watch for sure.
    I think a bourbon gator strap would make that watch pop.
    Do any members have pics of this watch on alternative straps? If so please share.

Drawarms likes this.
  2. alam Sep 22, 2016

I don't know about the lack of compliments by others, but IMO the original tan strap does the popping for me :) I do agree with you, is a cool watch!
    :D

IMG_2380.JPG
    SmokyT, NT931 and Davidt like this.
  3. M'Bob Sep 22, 2016

Question: are the knurls supposed to be visible as your picture shows in the lower pusher?

4. alam Sep 22, 2016

I had the same concern until I saw photos on Omega's site (I think that's were I saw)

5. Uniqez Sep 22, 2016

My boss gets nothing, because he has a $15 oversized fake-chrono with glued hands on the sub dials and blue dial. On the other hands I'm getting a lot with my speedy))))

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 23, 2016

Typically the spline on the body/tube of the pusher should not be visible on a regular Speedmaster, but I can't say for these. I would be surprised though if this is normal...

M'Bob likes this.
  7. billyblue Sep 23, 2016

It's normal for all '57s. But I also wondered why.

8. alam Sep 23, 2016

I also thought this was odd when I noticed it on some of my pics, however you can see the spline on several photos on the Omega site, as this one... any ideas why?

IMG_3236.PNG IMG_3237.JPG
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 23, 2016

Well today I looked up some photos, and see that all photos show this. I have no idea if there is a specific reason for it, other than a poor design (at least in my opinion).

I may add a couple of pushers to my next order just for my own curiosity...

Fordex and alam like this.
  10. alam Sep 23, 2016

:thumbsup: we'll be looking forward your critique/assessment!

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 14, 2016

Okay, so pushers have arrived, and indeed they are designed this way, which is odd...

[​IMG]

So my thought that the screw that holds the cap on may have backed out is also not right, because it isn't a screw - the pusher assembly is held together with a small clip like the spare they give you in the package (note it looks a bit distorted due to the plastic):

[​IMG]

Here is what it looks like installed:

[​IMG]

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed to see this type of pusher being used. It's not the only Omega with this style, but the type that screw the cap in place are more common (like on a Speedy Pro), and IMO a better design. These little clips are a bear to work with, and often get lost as they ping away while you are removing them or trying to push them back on, or they split - likely why they include a spare with each pusher.

I usually associate these with Tags and watches of that level (or below), rather than with Omega...

But in any case, the exposed splines are "normal" for this watch, even though it's definitely not normal.

Cheers, Al

repoman, savio.79, M'Bob and 2 others like this.
  12. alam Oct 14, 2016

Al is deserving of a "double" or "super like" option! :)

13. Uniqez Oct 14, 2016

Mega like)))

14. Uniqez Oct 14, 2016

oMega like!!!!