Forums Latest Members

Speedy 57 Trilogy bracelet on FOIS

1. axb601 May 18, 2018

Hello all,

Does anyone know whether the Speedmaster '57 trilogy bracelet fits the FOIS?

I have seen this mentioned on the FOIS roll call thread, and know it should work in theory since the lug width is the same, but I haven't seen any evidence of anyone actually trying it! I guess the real question is whether the end links fit the case as the case diameters differ. I'm really hoping it would fit, as it seems like a fantastic bracelet and I think it would look great on the FOIS too.

Cheers,
    Alex

2. padders Oooo subtitles! May 18, 2018

The hole placing is supposed to prevent this working. Not sure this really answers your question but I managed to fit the SM300 Trilogy Bracelet to a 1966 Ed White. This suggests to me that it should be possible since the FOIS is pretty much the same and many bracelets fit both but be aware that the end links for the SM, SP and RM have different part numbers (no idea if they actually differ) so perhaps I got lucky in trying the SM bracelet. I did post a thread about this on here under a heading like, 'this isn't supposed to work but does'. I have never seen anyone else get this to work so proceed with caution,
    IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

RC03, Longbow, speedamatuer and 2 others like this.
  3. axb601 May 18, 2018

That's really useful info. Thank you.

It seems like it definitely should work for the FOIS then... I struggled to find the thread you refer to. Did you find it an easy fit? Or was it quite a task to get it fitted?

I'm considering stopping by an Omega boutique to enquire, not sure how much help they'll really be though.

4. BatDad May 18, 2018

That does look great on the Ed.

padders likes this.
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! May 18, 2018

https://omegaforums.net/threads/and-they-said-it-couldnt-be-done.75396/#post-956278

And also

https://omegaforums.net/threads/tri...aster-swap-would-you.74971/page-3#post-956230

It was snug let’s say but neither watch nor bracelet showed any signs of harm and no real force was required. I had the luxury of owning both the items so any risk was quantifiable and manageable, a dealer may not want to do this. Obv YMMV, proceed with caution!

Edited May 18, 2018
  6. Meme-Dweller May 18, 2018

Awesome!! Now, please move a link from the 6 o'clock side to the 12 o'clock side to fix muh OCD. Thanks!

BatDad and padders like this.
  7. teojjsg May 23, 2018

So does anyone know if the end links for 60th SP differs from 60th SM?