Forums Latest Members
  1. Reevo Jan 20, 2017

Hi all

I'm a total newbie and after a few years saving recently purchased a new speedy '57 broad arrow. Initially I was very happy with the watch, but after a month a tiny shaving of metal appeared on the dial. So the shaving was removed under warranty.

About 2 months later the watch just stopped even though I wear it every day. I managed to get it started again by setting the time and it's behaved ever since, but does gain 5sec per day which I believe is within tolerance.

Today I cleaned the watch carefully with slightly warm water and child's toothbrush and noticed what looked like a small gouge just above the 5 in the 250 marking on the tachymetre scale. On closer inspection with an eyeglass it's actually in the edge of the top of the 5 and appears not to be a gouge (am very careful with my watch) but an imperfection in the metal that has "flaked" off. It's pretty small, half the size of a pin head but I'm anal and it does reflect the light so you can see it. Do you think this is covered under warranty or will I be fobbed off that I knocked it on something. Clearly I didn't as the crystal would have taken the impact as it's close and the "flaked" area is roundish with no sharp gouge marks.

Anybody seen this before or am I just unlucky?

G