Speedy 3861 stops completely when starting the chronograph

Hi! Just got my speedy and I'm amazed with it. Yesterday I activated the chronograph and the watch stopped completely. When "stopping" the chronograph (by pressing the upper button again, although all the watch was stopped) the seconds hand of the watch (not the chronograph) started again.

Is this normal? Why does this happen? Does it affect the mechanism?

Sorry if this is a newby question, and thanks in advance!

Maybe not! When it's short on power, would this be an expected behaviour?
You will know when you have fully wound the watch when you reach a hard stopping point.

When your watch is running on fumes, yes the behavior you describe in the OP is normal.

Got it, thank you!!! When fully wound, watch works perfectly. Ooooof!!

Maybe not! When it's short on power, would this be an expected behaviour?

Yes. You need to wind it fully. If it still does that, you should send it for warranty repair, it's probably an old stock with the previous bushing.

When the power reserve is low, the extra resistance from the chronograph can cause the watch to stall.

The “hard stop” thing is also a perennial topic for new owners of modern manual-wind watches like this. Wind that thing until you physically can’t wind it any more—for real. I mean, don’t break out a wrench and try to force it beyond that point, but you don’t need to worry about damaging it when you’re winding it by hand. You’ll know when it’s fully wound. And it might take a good deal longer to reach that hard stop than you might suspect it will.

My first one did this. Wind it all the way up. Start the chrono and let it sit. If it stops before 50 hours it could be an issue.

My first one did this. Wind it all the way up. Start the chrono and let it sit. If it stops before 50 hours it could be an issue.
Thank you. Are you suggestion I wind up all the watch to provide full power, and then turn the chronograph on, and wait 50hours? In my ignorant and limited experience, the complete watch has a 50hr power reserve without activating chronograph, so I'm expecting that if I turn on chronograph with full power, it will lass significant less time than 50hrs given watch is using additional complication.

Or did I understand incorectly?

Thank you. Are you suggestion I wind up all the watch to provide full power, and then turn the chronograph on, and wait 50hours? In my ignorant and limited experience, the complete watch has a 50hr power reserve without activating chronograph, so I'm expecting that if I turn on chronograph with full power, it will lass significant less time than 50hrs given watch is using additional complication.

Or did I understand incorectly?
You are correct, the watch will stall sooner with the chronograph running.

I saw some people testing this and were getting over 50 with the chronograph running. My current one gets 54 or more. My first one I exchanged got around 30. It had the issue.