Forums Latest Members
  1. Sparkiem Mar 30, 2015

Any lustful or loathing thoughts about this watch?

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. epl108 Mar 30, 2015

Pros: Bezel looks to be in fantastic condition. Loom plots [if original] are attractive. Case looks sharp.

Cons: Hands missing loom and are discolored - possibly rusted which scares me. No movement or caseback photos is also a downer (for now).

3. gophishin Mar 30, 2015

I don't know if it has been re-lumed. I remember someone on here saying the tritium plots will swell up and look puffy like that if they've been exposed to moisture. The rusty hands seem to support that theory.

4. imexian Mar 30, 2015

I disagree, case looks sharp, loom looks good bezel is ace, bit of discolouration on hands, yes would need movement shots to see what's what?
    Post some more pics? Inside and rear casing etc please.
    Ian

lillatroll likes this.
  5. imexian Mar 30, 2015

I would purchase this if inside seems ok? Casing is so sharp it looks new....

6. Fost Mar 30, 2015

No offence but please don't state that every dial is relumed as soon as the marker are not perfect....

tritium/glue move with age. Looking at the entire watch, everything looks coherent for me (especially the orange lume on the chrono hand ...this speedy had certainly a hard and fantastic life)

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  7. Eric_navi Mar 30, 2015

Dial Looks like original tritium to me, matches the hands perfectly, (which I believe were never replaced) , sweep second hand lume would match too if it weren't stained.

But.... Looks like moisture has gotten to this one and would be very curious to see closeups of the dial and photos of the case.

8. imexian Mar 30, 2015

I concur, looks all ok, but need to see the good stuff inside first to make a solid judgement, funny but I never thought I would know enough about these watches to see through all the rubbish, now I realise after a lot of study and reading, also buying, you can read a watch, and it's life... I think????

oddboy likes this.
  9. imexian Mar 30, 2015

Vincent, did you sell your 63 speedy?

10. Fost Mar 30, 2015

potential trade in SF next week but still available if not 'sold' in the sale corner :)

11. Davidt Mar 30, 2015

I'd sway towards original for the lume.

A movement shot here is a must though.

12. Concorde Mar 30, 2015

13. ReubenC Mar 30, 2015

I withdraw previous comments

14. Concorde Mar 30, 2015

Yeah lume looks strange, but i'm not sure if is relumed or not.

15. richardew Mar 30, 2015

I think it's poorly relumed. The ends aren't square. The plots aren't straight. The depth of the lume is very variable, with hills and valleys.

M'Bob likes this.
  16. justwatching Mar 31, 2015

Thats almost $5000. Prices of 145.012 are going up already. Heres mine which i paid way less. Purchased early last yr.

image.jpg
    Tjmmartin, imexian and Sparkiem like this.
  17. Sparkiem Mar 31, 2015

Beautiful looking watch, and I definitely think they are cheaper in the US, than in Europe, and definitely more choice of good stock too. With the stronger USD this will change, but I agree that $5000 is a lot. Unfortunately I never get to the US.

It has been a few years I have been looking for an early Speedy, and am going to go check it out this weekend. Will keep you all posted if I purchase it.

Thank you for the guidance and input

18. Fost Mar 31, 2015

I am not sure this could be taken into account. Many vintage speedy show irregular lume. Here is mine i am sure is not relumed :

image.jpg
    crops.jpg

Hills and valley also...not regular..

19. justwatching Mar 31, 2015

Based on my understanding from the forums experts here, Non-relumed dials can have wobbly and puffy tritium but it should not go past the border of the white inidices underneath it.

20. imexian Mar 31, 2015

Mine is not puffy, still very uniform in size and shape, i would maybe suggest that has had some re lume done at some point?