Forums Latest Members

Speedsonic woes, where oh where can I find a speedsonic case

1. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 28, 2014

Evening all

Well now my lovely 28.9 is finally back in ship shape order (see previous post) I have decided to turn my gaze to some other unfinished projects, which have now gone off to my watch maker for sort, amongst which is one of these beauties

[​IMG]

Thats not an Omega I hear you all say, nope but it is as good as. It is a 1975 AP with a Marine Chronometer cal 1511 movement fitted, they made about 450 in total!

So, I thought to myself, thats going to be a nightmare to sort....... wrong.... it will be back with me just the other side of the new year.

The second project I had was a Speedsonic, and easy fix I thought, I want to get it back to being absolutely pristine, I was a project watch, case battered but the movement and dial immaculate, I cannot find a case anywhere,

[​IMG]

Anyone who's any idea where I can source one from please drop me a line and let me know? There is a NOS one in private hands in the UK but thats not an option at the moment but I really want to get this project complete,
    SIGH :oops:

Cheers Tom

Edited Jan 13, 2015
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 28, 2014

Case ref?

3. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 28, 2014

Hi Archer
    Ref 188.0002, whilst readily available until recently I can find no where now :-(

Edited Jan 13, 2015
  4. webvan Nov 28, 2014

Is that the AP you'd spotted in Italy (?) a few years ago or a new one? What was wrong with it?

5. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 28, 2014

The AP did come out of Italy although I picked it up through TZ-UK, the movement was running erratically so it went to STS (Swisstec) and has had a movement service, turned out to be a slipping magnetic minute wheel..... The dial is currently being restored in Germany and then I should get it back early Jan all being well, it is a beauty and TBH Webvan it really is basically NOS.

Just can't figure the irony that I can get the AP sorted without a hitch and can't find a case that a couple of years ago was ten a penny!

6. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 29, 2014

This is getting no better for me, so I thought to myself I will put a call out to everyone I know including mates in Australia as someone must have one of these cases they want to let me have, so one replied telling me he was in switzerland and he'd found me a minty boxed and papers speedsonic..................... then sent me this:

[​IMG]

Which of course I had to buy as how many near NOS lobster with their box and papers do you see every week??? GRRRRRR FFS someone help me before I spend Rufus's entire college fund on watches when all I want is a case! ha ha ha

Norfolk, Mothra, flame and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Nov 29, 2014

Very nice. Bracelet itself is as rare as hen's teeth especially in this condition.

8. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 29, 2014

Thanks Mark

I am really pleased with the Sonic, its one of those 'glad I put out the call' but it still didn't get me where I wanted to be

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 1, 2014

Hi Tom, PM sent.

10. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 2, 2014

Jim

Thanks so much for your efforts on my behalf, the hunt continues but thanks for trying

Best wishes Tom

11. Norfolk Dec 2, 2014

Tom - love the lobster! Let me know if you want to part with it some time...!

12. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 2, 2014

Thanks bud, are you based states side yet?

13. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 8, 2014

Man alive

I've now ended up buying another Lobster, can someone please help me find one of these cases before I bankrupt myself trying

Edited Jan 13, 2015