Forums Latest Members
  1. Velorum Jul 30, 2017

The Di Modell Rallye is my traditional strap of choice for the Speedmaster, it looks great, is very comfortable and excellent value for money. I do like a Velcro strap though, not only do you have the benefit of exact adjustability but they are in keeping with the NASA era and to me suit the watch really well.

A while back I bought one of these Kizzi NASA replica's - the shortened version as I rarely wear a space suit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very soft and low profile, a lovely strap. Comes in a replica NASA issue bag with label:

[​IMG]

I also ordered a selection of GGB straps to try. Delivery took just over a month but was well worth the wait.

This is a GGB SPV1.5 in tan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next a GGB SPV2 with a custom Omega buckle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, another GGB SPV2, this time with a plain black buckle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of the three I liked the look of the tan SPV1.5, other than the label which seemed to jar a little, but it felt too cumbersome - the fabric used for this model is thicker than the others and it didn't feel quite right to me. I have now sold this on.

The SPV2's feel great, the thinner fabric gives them a much lower profile. They are however stiffer and more substantial than the Kizzi. Of the two I favour the one with the black buckle as it is very unobtrusive, in fact I'm wearing it now and its one the most comfortable straps Ive ever had. I'm not sure whether I will keep the one with the Omega buckle, we shall see.

Kind regards
    Ian

duc and Tet like this.
  2. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 30, 2017

Good stuff Ian, interesting reading of a good few options. I just bought a Kizzi off TZ so will look forward to trying it, haven't worn a velcro since my old Animal days. Is that strap ok on a small wrist? My only concern as looks like it might be limited on how small it will adjust to.

3. Velorum Jul 30, 2017

Its fine on my 6.75" wrist and would go down to 6.25" OK or perhaps 6" perhaps.

Here it is on my wrist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tet and duc like this.
  4. Velorum Jul 30, 2017

In addition to moving on the SPV1.5 I have now sold the SPV2 with the Omega buckle which leaves me with the black buckle SPV2 and the Kizzi. I do have an SPV3 on order though - which being a simple one piece that passes behind the watch head with no keepers is very similar in design to the Kizzi. It will be interesting to compare them.

5. blackearl01 Feb 27, 2018

Does anyone have experience with a Velcro strap from this provider? www.qualitystrap.com Thinking about getting one for my speedy, photos look pretty good ... Thanks for your feedback!