Forums Latest Members
  1. htiek Feb 5, 2018

Hi all

I was looking at the Speedmaster Tin Tin. There is something about it that I quite like. The red and white around the dial is quite striking. I've heard some mixed reviews, and it seems to be a love it or hate it type watch.

What are your thoughts on it, and why?

Thanks

tintin34 likes this.
  2. stevec14 Feb 5, 2018

I guess you have hit the nail on the head. Either you like the red/white or you don’t. I personally like it, just not entirely sure what it would go with clothes wise although maybe a good one as a jeans/t shirt type watch.

htiek likes this.
  3. htiek Feb 5, 2018

I am not entirely certain of the story of Tin tin so maybe there is some justification to the red, but that being said, I agree and I don't feel it would be an everyday sort of watch. The Speedy Pro is definitely better as a daily wear.

4. repoman Feb 5, 2018

5. stockae92 Feb 6, 2018

I wonder, if you hate the dial and there are a lot of people said they like the dial, that would change your mind? ;-)

I like the Tin Tin dial, but I ended up with a simple black dial because its more "moon watch". I don't know how many people like the moon watch neither. :p

"Get what you like, dare to be different". that's what I am trying to say. :)

(Side note: I got myself a Spacemaster Z33 and I love it. And believe me when I say there are more than a few people that hate the look of that watch. But who cares. I wear it, and I enjoy it.)

6. frazierspa Feb 7, 2018

Dude, get the Tintin! It is THAT cool!!! I picked up a ST, a 60th Speedy and a Tintin (not Tin Tin) in ‘17. All three have their own unique look (in my opinion the three are the best looking LE References ever offered), the ST looks modern, the 60th obviously vintage, but the Tintin is by far the coolest/most fun of the three, especially on a black rally strap! Highly recommended!

Scott

Philip Loftus and htiek like this.
  7. mph Feb 7, 2018

What makes the Tintin even more unique is that it's not an LE Reference...

8. Muttley Feb 9, 2018

I saw one online, loved it and set about doing the man-maths to make it mine. Fortunately, it's a significant birthday this year, so that was all the self-justification I needed to get one (which arrived two days ago thanks to OF member Koch). I like the backstory, the fact it's a more or less limited production model (but not an LE), and the dial design is different from almost any other (the Japan market orange/black speedracer is similar, but not too much so). It's my first Omega, and probably only Speedmaster. I am very happy with it so far :D

mph and frazierspa like this.
  9. tonizzos Feb 9, 2018

i like it too, but would first buy a " normal speedy " , than a Tintin.... but i find the Tintin more fresh more sports like

frazierspa and htiek like this.